Suggestion: Prevent Orphaned Comments

Phillyman

Every 3 months I prune inactive members from my forum that meet the following criteria.....

• Zero POSTS
  • Inactive for 365 days

Now this would normally not be a problem, but I allow my members to post comments in the blog, downloads, gallery. Many members may have zero posts, but they may have commented somewhere. I need some setting in the Member Management that checks to see if the member has ANY content. I also have a IP tracker that I allow members to use. Is there a way to prevent deleting members who have activity in the comments sections?

Every 3 months I prune inactive members from my forum that meet the following criteria.....

• Zero POSTS
  • Inactive for 365 days

Now this would normally not be a problem, but I allow my members to post comments in the blog, downloads, gallery. Many members may have zero posts, but they may have commented somewhere. I need some setting in the Member Management that checks to see if the member has ANY content. I also have a IP tracker that I allow members to use. Is there a way to prevent deleting members who have activity in the comments sections?

Don't allow them to comment in the other areas until after they have at least 1 post. :frantics:

Don't allow them to comment in the other areas until after they have at least 1 post. :frantics:

Why discourage participation? I dont want to have to say, Oh you must have X posts to comment on this. Rather just have a way to not delete members who currently participate, just not on the forums.

Archived