Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

UPDATE SUBMITTED!

An update of RC1 has been submitted for approval that fixes the most common issues over the last 24 hours.
Please note that this file is not yet posted to IPS resources!!!
When the new download is updated to IPS resources, I encourage you to re-download and overwrite the existing iArcade files with the new ones. You do not need to run an upgrade tool. Simply overwrite the old files.

For those of you who prefer to make manual changes, I have posted them to their bug topics.

The following bugs are fixed in iArcade RC1 Revision 1

XML file does not contain vote information

Error when adding a favorite

ACP cuts off games

Remove games tool via ACP

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sends a PM to the person you type in saying they got a challenge.

Not working.... just getting an error page. Also, when the board tries to figure out who's name I'm typing in, it doesn't come up with suggestions as it typically does in other search fields or ACP fields.

One other 'bug' is that it makes all characters lower case on the user name ID when a comment is made, and when it tells you your score has been posted after playing a game. Not sure if that's worth a bug report or not... I'm new to this. Sorry if I'm a pain in the arse.

Not working.... just getting an error page. Also, when the board tries to figure out who's name I'm typing in, it doesn't come up with suggestions as it typically does in other search fields or ACP fields.

One other 'bug' is that it makes all characters lower case on the user name ID when a comment is made, and when it tells you your score has been posted after playing a game. Not sure if that's worth a bug report or not... I'm new to this. Sorry if I'm a pain in the arse.

Type ahead is working fine for me.
http://screencast.com/t/ZjRmZTU3M

Lowcase is intentionally used in the commenting area.

Figured out the type ahead issue... one of our admins used the name "¿Por qué?", and the upside down question mark seems to be the problem. Type ahead working with others (like my own name).

Also, challenge working too as long as I don't use a name that is not in the DB... go figure. Might be nice on a future release to have an error page for that which specifically says: "That user does not exist" or something of that nature.

Also, challenge working too as long as I don't use a name that is not in the DB... go figure. Might be nice on a future release to have an error page for that which specifically says: "That user does not exist" or something of that nature.

I diddnt really expect anyone to type in the name of a user who doesnt exist. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the bug fix release! and a Delete game feature woot!

next is categories! :) and easier .swf support :D

Already submitted, just pending approval.

Categories technically are already a feature. You just have to configure them via phpmyadmin.
All the tar files Ive found use a catagory called "1" - aka none. Too much to overhaul really.
Either way, you'd have to manually configure every game.

Well a better categories system would be great, also, if you could put a password for categories that'd be great. :D

Or at least make it easier for people like me to remove the default categories from the game list (currently shows weird games and arcade games as categories, but I don't have the skill to update those lists... or at least not yet).

But yes... a better categories system would be great for future release, if it can be done well...for example:

Maybe a field in the 'game info' section for each game under the 'Manage Game' section of the ACP settings. Could have a 'add new category' button. All categories added are then listed and selectable in a drop down menu as a field in that 'game info' section.

Amazing how at one point today there were 40 posts an hour, and now almost 2 hours of total silence.
With that, I am out for the night everyone. I will answer posts again tomorrow.

Huge thanks to everyone who donated today and everyone who helped out while I was gone!

I have not heard from Andy yet on the status of the new baby, but if I do, I will let everyone know! :)

Apart from the usual frustrations of dealing with beta/RC versions for developers as well as their testers, things seem to be moving along pretty well for the iArcade, especially considering it was started from scratch. :thumbsup:

I'm not much of a beta/RC tester, due to the fact that I don't trust myself :whistle: , but I have been closely following this topic, which is why I'm patiently awaiting the 'stable' version of iArcade. I've waited a whiles for something like this to come along, so a few more weeks/months (however long it takes) won't hurt to finally get my hands on its stable version. Great work guys. :thumbsup:

Already submitted, just pending approval.

Categories technically are already a feature. You just have to configure them via phpmyadmin.

All the tar files Ive found use a catagory called "1" - aka none. Too much to overhaul really.

Either way, you'd have to manually configure every game.

Morning :)

From what i can see there are all ready two categories hard coded into the arcade - 'weird games' & 'arcade games' - however I can see no way to enter these even in phpmyadmin - the iarcade_gamecats table only has one field and no index, whereas when one clicks on say 'weird games' it tries to access the category of weird.

Where does the database store both weird & weird games? As far as I can see from the tables they do not exist, hence my thought that they are hard coded.

I created two categories and putting one game in 'category 1' and another in 'category 2', but these do not show up anywhere. Should they be displayed somewhere on the screen?

Congratulations on Getting the RC1 out there Collin and Andy.

---

All Those Using ibpArcade Downloads (http://www.ibpdownloads.com) for you arcade games could you please ensure that your profile fields are correct when registering. We are experiencing a lot of new sign ups which is great but if we cannot verify that you are indeed using an arcade modification at your site then we cannot confirm your account. We do this to prevent multiple user sign ups and to prevent bots registering.

Again could you please ensure that your profile field for the URL to your site is Correct. We must see you have an Arcade, so please either direct link to the arcade or have an arcade link visible on your main page.

---

Cheers!

Download updated (as requested) to fix three issues:

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-63-when-voting-returning-fatal-error/

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-66-acp-manage-games-pagination/

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-37-remove-game/

One of the games you uploaded is not in the standard TAR format that is why you are seeing the crazy characters. ALL games must be in a TAR format not rar or zip I found one of the games I tried to upload had a .tar extension but was converted incorrectly, I am guessing someone zipped it up and tried to rename it to tar

Archived