Reseller Accounts

FunFirst

Has anybody suggested or asked about this before? Most large hosting companies offer reseller accounts which widens their range and further reduces the effort of managing their hundreds and hundreds of customers.

Would it make sense if IPS offers some kind of reselling account that includes all products and the hosting service?

I know IPS can already manage all customers but based on the vB meltdown, i think there will be more and more customers coming and purchasing your products. It would also be great if the reseller gets something special like cheaper licenses or extended renewal dates.

Post your opinion. :D

[quote name='Julz' date='21 October 2009 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1256115125' post='1869601']
What happened to it? What are the downsides on IPS' side?

What are the upsides?

If people want to buy a license or hosting, they can buy it from us... why introduce a middleman?
I don't really see how having reseller accounts would benefit us or our customers - just seems messy.

[quote name='Mark' date='21 October 2009 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1256122628' post='1869625']
What are the upsides?

If people want to buy a license or hosting, they can buy it from us... why introduce a middleman?
I don't really see how having reseller accounts would benefit us or our customers - just seems messy.

For example for giving support in other languages than English...

Not everybody can read or write english and try to get support in their language, but obviously the support in their language is not a professional support, it is an amateur or hobby time support...

Archived