Admin Statistics: User who logged in in a day

edivad

It's not possible unless some changes are made to how member visits are logged. Right now, the only thing that is recorded is that last visit each member makes; nothing is currently stored that tells if a certain member was online on a certain day. The space necessary to store every visit every member makes in order to build this statistic would be too much to make this a worthwhile feature.

[quote name='Μichael' date='08 October 2009 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1255017737' post='1864701']
It's not possible unless some changes are made to how member visits are logged. Right now, the only thing that is recorded is that last visit each member makes; nothing is currently stored that tells if a certain member was online on a certain day. The space necessary to store every visit every member makes in order to build this statistic would be too much to make this a worthwhile feature.

It's if you keep only datas for the last 100days. vBulletin has this option, so i think it's possible ;)

[quote name='edivad' date='08 October 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1255020130' post='1864707']
It's if you keep only datas for the last 100days. vBulletin has this option, so i think it's possible ;)

On some sites it might be feasible to store this data for years, on others it might only be feasible to store it for a week. This is IP.Board, not vBulletin, just because vBulletin has a feature doesn't mean IP.Board needs it too. "vBulletin has this option" is not and should not be a factor in determining whether something is added to this software.

I'm not IPS, so it's not my decision to make, but I seriously doubt this is something they'll consider adding.

Archived