[Suggestion] Moderation BBCode

Hasbro

Hi, simple idea to have some "different" bbcodes such as [closed]post[/closed] which would close the topic (if the account your on has sufficient privileges defined by the administrator of course.

Where this idea came:

I was writing a reply to an idiotic post and realized, "Hey, I always type -Locked, or /closed it would be more convenient if I didn't have to move my hand off my laptop to the external mouse or touchpad."

Anyways, this could be extended to things like [move forum=forumid]post[/move] which would move that thread to a different forum as well as post a reply with what ever custom message you'd like.

How it would work:

When posted it would be parsed then stripped after the operation completed(obviously to prevent it from re-occurring every time :P)

I don't see how this would have any negative side effects, there would have to be checks on these bbcodes, but as far as I can tell checking permissions of a session(user?) when they use specific bbcode should not effect performance :) Perhaps I'm wrong and this is an outlandish idea, prove me wrong :devil:

• Management

BBcode is actually just a fancy text replacement so you couldn't perform moderation actions by adding BBcode without a lot of dynamic code.

Ironcially, anyone who remembers early Ikonboard may remember #moderation tags....

[quote name='rct²·com' date='02 October 2009 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1254523780' post='1863058']
Multi-moderation can just about achieve all you want, based on your description.

The whole point of what I described is so that you do not have to click using your mouse and can just type a keyword like Matt mentioned which moderates the topic.

[quote name='rct²·com' date='02 October 2009 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1254523780' post='1863058']
Multi-moderation can just about achieve all you want, based on your description.

[quote name='Hasbro' date='03 October 2009 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1254528027' post='1863067']
The whole point of what I described is so that you do not have to click using your mouse and can just type a keyword like Matt mentioned which moderates the topic.

That's why I said 'just about'. ;) In fact you could use <TAB> key to get to the multi-moderation drop-down and therefor not need the mouse, but I admit that it not as efficient as your proposal.

Archived