AnthonyKinson

File Name: Bouncy Radio Panel v1.1.0
File Submitter: AnthonyKinson
File Submitted: 05 Jun 2009
File Updated: 19 Aug 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Changes in v1.1.0
* Fixed Bug with chart popups where they would not show, or only shown once
* New AJAX functions for all popups (history, listener info, listeners chart and hits chart)
* History, listener info and both charts will always show latest info without refreshing the page
* Auto stats updating for stream information now triggered by the dom, no more individual javascript triggers
* All stat updating consolidated to one super function
* improved Error handling
* Stats pulsate when updated for better indication
* Javascript only included once regardless of how many radio hooks you use per page
* New artwork and icons
* Automatic Copyright Removal with the Bouncy Radio Center copyright removal add-on
Changes in v1.0.5
* Auto Disables on license errors
* Support for new licensing servers
Changes in v1.0.4
* Fixed error with livestream skins
Changes in v1.0.3
* Fixed issues with the LiveStream Player
Changes in v1.0.2
* Full compatibility with Internet Explorer
* Bug Fixes
Changes in v1.0.1
* Fixed Issue with the PeriodicUpdater which caused Internet Explorer to give Connection Errors

About This Hook:
This hook adds a radio panel to your forums index page which is listed above the forum / category list. The panel uses styles based on your forum skin so it fits in nicely and always looks like a part of your forum instead of something that's been added. The panel is nice and simple to look at, yet provides powerful features to help manage your radio. This hook is completely free and requires no modifications to your forum to work.

Included with the hook are Help Files, automatically added to your help section, A new settings section added to the Radio Center Settings tab in the admin CP providing you with 12 Radio Panel Specific settings, Icons for the panels interface.

Features:

* Provides Tune In Links for Winamp, Windows Media Player, Real Player, iTunes and livestream using your own domain rather than your radio host.
* Embedded Live Stream Player with auto play options and 26 different skins!
* Displays Current DJ, Current Song, Current Genre, Current Bit Rate, Current Listeners and Peak Listeners.
* Pop up Radio History using the Radio Centers Search Module providing links to online stores to purchase songs that have been played on the radio.
* Pop up Flash Chart for listeners information.
* Pop up Flash Pie Chart For Radio Stream Hits and Listener Hits
* Pop Up Listener Details

Details:

Tune In Links:
The tune in links have been re-built using the Radio Center app, meaning that you no longer have to use links provided to you by your radio host. this means when you pass on tune in links to people you can use http://mysite.com... instead of http://hostsite.com... this allows for complete branding of your radio, making it a complete part of your forum.

Live Stream Player:
The new livestream player now has 26 skins to choose from, so what ever the style of your forum, there will be to match. The Livestream player allows members to tune into the radio without having to launch an external player such as Windows Media Player. Livestream is fed live audio from your radio and is output to the actual Livestream Player. Livestream uses Flash so there is no additional requirements for it to work, However, the Livestream player only supports radio streams using the MP3 format, ACC+ encoder will result in the livestream player not working.

Pop Up Charts:
Radio statistics are now provided using Flash Charts which are fed Live radio information in the JSON format. Flash charts are stylish, and the Radio Center Flash Charts can be customized in every way via your Admin CP. We have provided several styles of charts to use and allowed you to customize the colours to allow them to fit in with your forum skin.

Listener Information:
Listener Information now includes icons which give a visual representation of the player each listener is using to listen to your radio with. Also a new field in the Listener information is "Underuns". This will show you if people are experiencing lag, and allow you to determine whether the problem is just with that listener, the DJ, or the radio server making managing your Radio much more productive. Listener info also includes all the usual information such as the listeners ID, Useragent, Time Listening, IP Address and an average listen time showing how long on average people have stayed tuned into your current Radio Show.

Requirements:

[*]Active Bouncy Radio Center 9.2.2 License (Information)[*]IP.Board v3 (Information)[*]SHOUTcast Radio (Information)

Click here to download this file

• 1 month later...

Ant, I have a slight problem.

Im running 9.1 and now I cannot run more than 3 hooks, Its seems like the licence key is being stripped, Its not saving in the database causing an error when all 3 hooks are active.

I guess I need to insert a special key.

I will also PM you and where the site is licensed to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Globaldjnetwork' timestamp='1282386246' post='2009468']
just tried to update my panel and now get the following error??

[quote name='Globaldjnetwork' timestamp='1282390404' post='2009476']
i have now run the version back to 1.05 and reimported the hook and it now works again but shows the new look with the new options enabled but still shows as 1.05 in the system file info...

plus i get no info from the last 2 info tags?

post-135863-041327700 1282390388_thumb.j

you need to update the Radio Center to 9.2.2, the new hooks will not work with 9.2.1

Requirements:

* Active Bouncy Radio Center 9.2.2 License

[quote name='AnthonyKinson' timestamp='1282391690' post='2009482']
you need to update the Radio Center to 9.2.2, the new hooks will not work with 9.2.1

Requirements:

* Active Bouncy Radio Center 9.2.2 License

I have a licence already or do i have to purchase 9.2.2 as a new product as i cant find 9.2.2 to download in my client area??

[quote name='Globaldjnetwork' timestamp='1282391869' post='2009484']
I have a licence already or do i have to purchase 9.2.2 as a new product as i cant find 9.2.2 to download in my client area??

no it's a free update providing you have active support & updates

it's in the main client area, click "My Products & Services" here http://www.bouncyservers.co.uk/system/clientarea.php?action=products

then next to Licensing - Bouncy Radio Center 9 [Lifetime] click the viewdetails.gif icon and you should see all the downloads at the bottom of the page.

• 2 months later...

So, do I need to rent a Shoutcast server for this or no? If so, then what do you mean in the description when you say I can run it right from my web address, you can make it part of your forum? I mean, I'm pretty sure I need a shoutcast server, right? I think what you mean is, last time my shoutcast host gave me a weird address to put into my fields in the admin panel, something like http://9.shouthostchannel9.com etc... And what you're saying is that I won't have to do that anymore? Thanks

[quote name='sniggity' timestamp='1288935899' post='2038354']
So, do I need to rent a Shoutcast server for this or no? If so, then what do you mean in the description when you say I can run it right from my web address, you can make it part of your forum? I mean, I'm pretty sure I need a shoutcast server, right? I think what you mean is, last time my shoutcast host gave me a weird address to put into my fields in the admin panel, something like http://9.shouthostchannel9.com etc... And what you're saying is that I won't have to do that anymore? Thanks

No, you still need a shoutcast server, or access to a radio XML feed. You also need the actual Radio Center Application for this hook to work.

As for running it from yoru own web address. Basically this is the tune in links, so in a way your right. Usually a host will provide you with

so your visitors never see or are reffered to your radio host (plus its SEO friendly)

http://superhostingcompany.net:8000/listen.pls

with the radio center that would be converted to

http://myforum.com/radio/listen/winamp/
  • 9 months later...

Archived