Download: [Unsupported] (IM) Twitter Sidebar v0.9.9

Martin A.

File Name: [Unsupported] (IM) Twitter Sidebar v0.9.9
File Submitter: Martin A
File Submitted: 30 Apr 2009
File Updated: 08 Jul 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Due to Twitters rapid development, and my limited time, I'm afraid I can't continue the development nor support of this modifications.

File Information
Compatibility: IP.Board 3.0 & IP.Board 3.1

Description
(IM) Twitter Sidebar is a hook that implements most important and popular twitter.com features to your board index sidebar. Including replies (mentions), search, showing a specific users tweets and single tweet popup.

Change log
v0.9.9 - Compatibility release for IP.Board 3.1
v0.9.8 - Issues with IP.Board v3.0.2 has been addressed. It also includes a set of default API keys for you to use, so you don't have to make your own application

More screenshots

Click here to download this file

• 1 month later...

After reinstalling the Twitter Sidebar it worked. However I could not find any controls in the ACP to do anything with it like control the size or use it as a feed to the forum.

What I'm looking for is a Feeder that can be controlled by Mods that will show our Twitter Channel to anyone who looks at the forum including guests. This is important because we need to get weather updates and emergency services feeds through Twitter to provide to the forum members. Of course one should not rely only on Twitter for Emergency Service Announcements but it can be a good tool for sharing information.

For this I need something that can be adjusted in size and fixed into place but I want it in the side bar as I have a big empty space there now.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='m4rtin' date='28 October 2009 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1256752369' post='1872747']
That is not how this hook works. This let the user have his Twitter account in your forum. If you want to show your last tweets to your users, you'll have to look for a different modification. I think there is one called "weTweet", by Sacred, available here.

Hi

words perfectly.

Are we able to shorten the timeline so it is not quite so long as in number of tweets shown?

[quote name='m4rtin' date='28 October 2009 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1256752369' post='1872747']
That is not how this hook works. This let the user have his Twitter account in your forum. If you want to show your last tweets to your users, you'll have to look for a different modification. I think there is one called "weTweet", by Sacred, available here.

Hi

words perfectly.

Are we able to shorten the timeline so it is not quite so long as in number of tweets shown?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

[quote name='Fire_man' timestamp='1283022140' post='2012571']
can't getthis to work for me

Can you specify what's not working out for you?

[quote name='Fire_man' timestamp='1283022140' post='2012571']
what this msg means btw (Remaining API calls 147/150 Reset 15:22 )

Twitter gives you an amount of API calls pr hour. These calls are used by various 3rd party apps you may use to interfere with Twitter. They've set that limit to prevent apps from hammering their server.

• 2 weeks later...

Works great for us and to the guy who said "it shows the developers tweets and timeline", change the API and Secret to your own Twitter Account.

Thanks for this great mod, but like above, is there away to reduce the size of the timeline? it kinda takes over the sidebar and pushes everything else too far down the page.

Thanks again

Rich

• 9 months later...

I have added the API key and secret key but I just get this ;-You've not authorized this appliction to communicate with your Twitter account. Click here to do so. When I click there it shows my application and asks for approval then takes me back to mu forum and I still get the same in the Twitter box! What is wrong please?

[quote name='CherryGirl69' timestamp='1309516690' post='2129555']
I have added the API key and secret key but I just get this ;-You've not authorized this appliction to communicate with your Twitter account. Click here to do so. When I click there it shows my application and asks for approval then takes me back to mu forum and I still get the same in the Twitter box! What is wrong please?

I have not decided not to update this, as it would take too much time (time I use on other apps) to keep up with changes made to Twitter's API.

Archived