Suggeston: Way to jump to "Full Editor" for PM popup

AtariAge

Would it be possible to add a button to the PM popup that takes you to the "Full Editor"? I needed to send someone a file via PM, so initially I clicked on the "Send PM" icon under their name in a topic. That brings up the popup, of course. So I cancel, go to the user's profile and then click that same button. Same thing. Arrgh! So I then had to go into the messenger, copy their username and then start a message that way. It would have been much easier if there was a "Use Full Editor" or some similar button on the PM popup (similar to what you see when editing a post).

Thanks,

..Al

[quote name='sunrisecc' date='24 August 2009 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1251124300' post='1848343']
A partial work-around ( and one that needs to be implemented everywhere) is that when viewing a profile, hold CTRL and select the 'send me a message', the full editor opens.

That's good to know, thanks. Looks like you can just open the link in a new tab/window (which for me in Firefox is middle-clicking the link) and it'll open up the full editor. But that is not obvious behavior at all, and really needs to be on the simple PM popup that appears.

..Al

[quote name='AtariAge' date='24 August 2009 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1251118780' post='1848302']
Would it be possible to add a button to the PM popup that takes you to the "Full Editor"? I needed to send someone a file via PM, so initially I clicked on the "Send PM" icon under their name in a topic. That brings up the popup, of course. So I cancel, go to the user's profile and then click that same button. Same thing. Arrgh! So I then had to go into the messenger, copy their username and then start a message that way. It would have been much easier if there was a "Use Full Editor" or some similar button on the PM popup (similar to what you see when editing a post).

Thanks,

..Al

It's been suggested before, and I support it :).

Archived