How Alpha testing is handled?

T3CK

• Management

It depends on the product, really. We don't have anything in alpha testing right now so it's hard to give a definitive answer. In the case of IP.Board 3, we opened up a preview board and invited all our members and customers to visit it, find bugs in the public interfaces and give us feedback.

Typically we start with a small group and work outwards as development progresses. In the very early days there are bound to be numerous bugs and having more than a handful of people just makes it difficult to track issues.

[quote name='Matt' date='21 August 2009 - 03:09 AM' timestamp='1250838544' post='1847166']
It depends on the product, really. We don't have anything in alpha testing right now so it's hard to give a definitive answer. In the case of IP.Board 3, we opened up a preview board and invited all our members and customers to visit it, find bugs in the public interfaces and give us feedback.

Typically we start with a small group and work outwards as development progresses. In the very early days there are bound to be numerous bugs and having more than a handful of people just makes it difficult to track issues.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I'm also a developer. I simply wanted to know at what point you allow active customers to evaluate a new product. Alpha, Beta, etc. Personally, I'm interested into code structure mostly. If you are wondering who I am... actually let me edit my signature.

Regards,

• Management

It's a fine line. Some people see an alpha product and judge it completely there and then even though it most likely has an unfinished interface and missing functionality. Typically we perform closed alpha testing and open it up to customers when most of the bigger issues have been fixed.

[quote name='Matt' date='21 August 2009 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1250840852' post='1847177']
Typically we perform closed alpha testing and open it up to customers when most of the bigger issues have been fixed.

That's what I'd like to test. :D

Archived