IP Addresses

mld11

Just wondering, could you add a feature where it would store reg_ip_address as the current ip_address in the _members table, and a current_ip_address.

Where the current_ip_address would update everytime you login, and can be viewable by Super Moderators / Administrators, and Forum Moderators through a checkbox selection in the abilities area. (Forums)

I was going to implement it myself, but would rather not damage the board.

• Management

Yeah. I've thought about this a few times. After a few months the 'ip_address' is almost pointless for most users. Although the posts show the IP Address used for that post, if that helps and we have an IP look up tool that canl list all recorded IP addresses attached to a particular member.

That's sort of what I was referring to, but what that wouldn't help with is: What if a user never makes a post?

It would be nice to have a system where the IP is recorded regardless of whether or not they make a post, and could just update an array of some sort. Like in the Administrator IP Lookup, it lists where the IP has been used, how about a "Has been used to Login" one?

Catch my drift?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived