View My Content

KT Walrus

Since my content is now spread around multiple app areas, I'm finding it hard to keep track of when there are replies to my threads/content.

I suggest that a new link be added somewhere to show me my content (topics, blogs, photos, issues, events, etc) in one nice page (similar to the style of the View New Content page).

I realize that the profile page has recent topics, posts, etc., but these aren't presented as a list so I can see if any one has commented to my threads or blog entries or whatever.

While I am primarily wanting this feature for the current user (me), I would also like to see such a link to such a page available on all profile pages.

If such a page already exists, then I guess I missed it. You almost get it by clicking on the individual links (to blog, gallery, etc) in the profile/mini-profile pages, but I would prefer a single View My Content page. And, like I just posted about View New Content it would be really helpful if counts were shown by the tabs in the View My Content page so I can easily tell if it is worth the effort to peek inside the tab.

This is something we've discussed a lot for future versions, I would expect it to show up at some point. :)

As always, this is subject to change and not a promise that it will definitely be included some day.

EDIT: Actually, after reading your post again, I think the feature you want is already included, you can click "View my posts" on your profile: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=133618

The feature I was thinking of is a little different than that.

[quote name='Josh' date='07 August 2009 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1249673452' post='1840090']
EDIT: Actually, after reading your post again, I think the feature you want is already included, you can click "View my posts" on your profile: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=133618

Actually, the feature I want is the "View my topics" as the "View my posts" includes comments/replies in the list.

But, on my test board (3.0.1), the Gallery doesn't list anything (I think it is broken) and the Tracker doesn't even get a tab (I suppose that is a feature).

I guess I could just change the lang bits to make "View my topics" become "View my content" and change the Gallery to consider an Album or a Photo in the Gallery as content and posts (and replies/comments as only posts).

I'd also like to see the Messenger as a page (although is a conversation you started content?).

It just seems to me that one of the primary things I do on a board is to check whether anyone has commented on my threads, blogs, photos, etc.

So, I think this feature is mostly there, just a bit incomplete.

Archived