(Suggestion) Multiple Subscriptions

iBr

I'm using the subscription system kind of like a shop. Unlimited PM's, more reputation, and such. I would really appreciate it if there was an option to allow multiple subscriptions at once. This would be useful in many ways, and would allow me to continue to offer multiple things at low prices rather than in big packages.

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='02 August 2009 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1249204590' post='1836934']
The subscription manager is barely released. These ideas should probably wait until the damn thing is open to the public, out of beta. :thumbsup:

Well I thought it'd be better to introduce them while it is in beta so they can experiment with it.

[quote name='phinsup' date='02 August 2009 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1249185723' post='1836871']
Agreed this would be a very nice feature, also the ability to not promote certain groups, people in certain groups buy a package and remain in their current group.

For instance, I have a moderator group and a site supporter group. My moderators are some of the people most likely to subscribe but because it throws them out of the moderator group, they don't use the subscription manager.

When they send me money away from the site (via Paypal to my e-mail address) I have to do their subscription manually, and they get no indication of a renewal at all. I don't like asking for donations, but some of them have been shocked to find out that they've not subscribed in 2 or 3 years because they've just forgotten about it.

So some sort of workaround where subscribing adds the permissions as a secondary group - and then takes them away again when their sub expires - would be extremely helpful. :)

[quote name='grippo' date='02 August 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1249238554' post='1837106']
So some sort of workaround where subscribing adds the permissions as a secondary group - and then takes them away again when their sub expires - would be extremely helpful. :)

There actually is an option to add them to a secondary group now.

Archived