[Suggestion] Collapsable sidebar items

Tarun

While you can close/collapse the entire sidebar, it would be really neat to be able to collapse select items like how you can collapse the forums. Say you didn't want to see Recent Blog Entries but wanted to see Recently Added Topics. Just click the little minus by Recent Blog Entries and collapse it, while still being able to see the rest of the sidebar items.

How about being able to [X] items from view altogether, rearrange the order and with an 'edit' option, you could add/re-add more items. With some items being unmovable or undeleteable via the ACP of course (so if an admin wants to include an ad, then they could and the member couldn't [X] it).

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='30 July 2009 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1248928851' post='1835401']
How about being able to [X] items from view altogether, rearrange the order and with an 'edit' option, you could add/re-add more items. With some items being unmovable or undeleteable via the ACP of course (so if an admin wants to include an ad, then they could and the member couldn't [X] it).

I had considered adding those in to my original post but figured it'd be in a version like 3.1. ;)

Nice to see like-minded people.

[quote name='Tarun' date='30 July 2009 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1248970824' post='1835622']
I had considered adding those in to my original post but figured it'd be in a version like 3.1. ;)

Nice to see like-minded people.

It's basically the same concept as a member setting up their own blog, they can move blocks around and even remove/add blocks.

I was looking for a place to post this very same feature suggestion, but I'm glad that somebody already brought it up!

Personally, I don't use the 'Status Update' block, and it just takes up unwanted space on my forum view. While I like Wolfe's suggestion to be able to completely remove a block from your personal forum view, I also like the idea of just having an Expand/Collapse option, in case I just want it gone temporarily or I'm not sure. The ability rearrange blocks per member would also be much-appreciated, as well as a feature for the admin to rearrange the order for a whole board? For example, the Watched Forums/Topics will be of great use for my board, and I would like to put it at the top of the sidebar, so being able to do that would be great.

[quote name='SuperBlob' date='01 August 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1249140028' post='1836597']
I was looking for a place to post this very same feature suggestion, but I'm glad that somebody already brought it up!

Personally, I don't use the 'Status Update' block, and it just takes up unwanted space on my forum view. While I like Wolfe's suggestion to be able to completely remove a block from your personal forum view, I also like the idea of just having an Expand/Collapse option, in case I just want it gone temporarily or I'm not sure. The ability rearrange blocks per member would also be much-appreciated, as well as a feature for the admin to rearrange the order for a whole board? For example, the Watched Forums/Topics will be of great use for my board, and I would like to put it at the top of the sidebar, so being able to do that would be great.

I didn't say to remove the ability to open/close the sidebar. ;)

Also you can already re-arrange the boards layout of the blocks.

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='01 August 2009 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1249141135' post='1836613']
I didn't say to remove the ability to open/close the sidebar. ;)

Also you can already re-arrange the boards layout of the blocks.

Sorry if I worded that badly, I was referring to expanding/collapsing individual sidebar blocks, not the whole bar :)

Archived