Portal request

Wolfie

Thank you for this topic, I subscribe to it.
From this cause I disabled using Portal system.
It's awful to see those pinned topics everytime especially when you have lots of pinned topics.
Please give us a setting to get off those pinned topics from the main page of the Portal.

Best regards!

The stock portal doesn't seem to be very user friendly. When you look at the config options in the admim CP there isn't much there. The blog has full control over blocks and the portal has only a few features. I was going to use the portal on my homepage but can't figure out how to get configured the way I want. Might look into the CCS when it's released, but the portal is a disappointment.

I use the Portal on my site here and I'm pretty happy with it after doing some customizing. I'm just emulating this on my version 3 test site and will upgrade later this year. As for controlling pinned topics, yeah that could be handy but it's no big deal for me. I have a news forum that only admins can start new topics. Only that forum gets used for the portal articles. Pinning is useful if you want an older news item to remain on the front page after newer news items have been posted.

3DKiwi

Archived