Multi-moderation improvements

Alex K.

[*]Allow member groups (and maybe other things too) to be changed along with changing the topic. This was a feature that I used extensively when I was using ZetaBoards and going without it has made things a bit more complicated. [*]To make sure that the above didn't get abused, allow admins to specify specific users or groups who can use the multi-moderation, instead of making it globally available to moderators.

These would be really helpful to me. I don't know how many other admins would make use of these improvements, but it might be worth looking at.

[quote name='BacTalan' date='13 July 2009 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1247517248' post='1825684']

[*]Allow member groups (and maybe other things too) to be changed along with changing the topic. This was a feature that I used extensively when I was using ZetaBoards and going without it has made things a bit more complicated. [*]To make sure that the above didn't get abused, allow admins to specify specific users or groups who can use the multi-moderation, instead of making it globally available to moderators.

These would be really helpful to me. I don't know how many other admins would make use of these improvements, but it might be worth looking at.

I think you're talking about whether or not a group can use multi-moderation.

If that's correct then it's already part of IPB.

You can control not only which forums a multi-mod function is available to, but you can specify (per group or per member) who can use multi-moderation functions, per forum.

[quote name='BacTalan' date='13 July 2009 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1247517752' post='1825693']
I was thinking per multimod, not globally for all of them. That isn't essential though.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are looking for.

But as it is now, you can create a multi-mod function. Specify which forums/subforums it is available in. Then per forum you can add a member group (or a user) as a moderator and specify if they may or may not use the multi-mod functions.

As for global moderators, they will have access to it, but a global moderator is 'above' a regular moderator in a manner of speaking.

The way I was thinking was to specify users who could use the multimod in the same way you specify forums it's available in. The existing system can do almost the same thing, but this would give finer control (though again, it's not an urgent priority).

[quote name='BacTalan' date='13 July 2009 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1247518011' post='1825700']
The way I was thinking was to specify users who could use the multimod in the same way you specify forums it's available in. The existing system can do almost the same thing, but this would give finer control (though again, it's not an urgent priority).

Ah so what you mean is...

MultiMod, control which forums each function is available in (as it is now)
Per forum, add a group/individual as a moderator, do a checklist of each multi-mod function they may use.

Yeah that could get messy.

Archived