#show_applications# request

Wolfie

[quote name='m4rtin' date='11 July 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1247364924' post='1824639']
How about a #show_modules# too, while you're at it?

How about some real fun.. #show_users#, to list ALL of the members on the board. I'm sure that would be way fun for boards with 1,000 or more members. :D

Being serious though. #show_modules# and #show_hooks# could be helpful to those who make mods/apps/hooks.

Will take a look in the next update, but show_modules is a little more challenging to have it "look" right. You'd probably want to section them off by application, which would mean the application would have to be in the options list (the apis to create the dropdowns can't do optgroups for example).

When you make a setting to use in the ACP in the System Settings, for the Extra to show to the Admin, you put in #show_groups# or #show_forums#, etc, and then it gives you a list when you see the setting in use.

Like in Topis, Posts & Polls, the "Ignored Users: Protected Groups" setting, it shows a list of the different Member Groups. If you were to look at the data to make that setting possible, you would see #show_groups#

Make a new setting to play with:

Enjoy! :D

Setting Extra? #show_forums#

[quote name='Putzу' date='13 July 2009 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1247510903' post='1825617']
aaah, Very nice. That is exactly what I wanted for something I'm working on if I'm honest. :P

Think you'll be able to make use of #show_applications# ?

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 July 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1247497020' post='1825486']
Will take a look in the next update, but show_modules is a little more challenging to have it "look" right. You'd probably want to section them off by application, which would mean the application would have to be in the options list (the apis to create the dropdowns can't do optgroups for example).

$this->DB->build(

array(

'select'	=> 'm.sys_module_key, m.sys_module_title, m.sys_module_application',

'from'		=> array( 'core_sys_module' => 'm' ),

'order'		=> 'a.app_title ASC, m.sys_module_title ASC',

'where'		=> 'm.sys_module_admin=0 AND m.sys_module_visible=1',

'add_join'	=> array(

array(

'select'	=> 'a.app_title',

'from'		=> array( 'core_applications' => 'a' ),

'where'		=> 'a.app_directory=m.sys_module_application',

'type'		=> 'left'

)

)

)

);

$this->DB->execute();

$modules = array();

$modules['all'] = "All modules";

while( $r = $this->DB->fetch() )

{

$modules[ $r['sys_module_application'] . '::' . $r['sys_module_key'] ] = $r['app_title'] . ':: ' . $r['sys_module_title'];

}

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='13 July 2009 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1247513940' post='1825642']
Think you'll be able to make use of #show_applications# ?

Not for anything I plan on releasing, but for something I plan on using on my board, yes. :P

Archived