GMT Israel?

Yaroslav

[quote name='Yaroslav' date='04 July 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1246729765' post='1820292']
That's not the point.

I want to know why it was removed.

Wow, relax.

As EagleHawk mentioned, they can't include every single country or region in the list, it would be huge. As long as the relative timezone is listed, what does it matter? Just change the name of it.

[quote name='EagleHawk' date='04 July 2009 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1246733644' post='1820328']
Perhaps because somewhere else is already listed as +2:00 GMT like South Africa?
They might not have included every country because it wouldn't have been user friendly? :huh:

Israel is middle east

[quote name='Yaroslav' date='05 July 2009 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1246795509' post='1820612']
Israel is middle east

I'm aware of that fact. <_<
I'm just saying they listed South Africa instead of Israel. It would have been difficult to list every country that uses the +2 GMT timezone because users would be swamped with information to select from. Most people know what timezone they live in anyway.

Why is this such a big issue? I don't understand! :blink:

• Management

It's been that way since as long as I can remember in IPB. We didn't remove or change anything for IPB3. Check an IPB2 install to see.

And really, is this worth a topic over? If you feel the need just edit and put in Israel as a description next to the time zone.

[quote name='EagleHawk' date='05 July 2009 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1246795926' post='1820617']
I'm aware of that fact. <_<
I'm just saying they listed South Africa instead of Israel. It would have been difficult to list every country that uses the +2 GMT timezone because users would be swamped with information to select from. Most people know what timezone they live in anyway.

Why is this such a big issue? I don't understand! :blink:

Because it's anti-Semitic not to specifically name Israel. :rolleyes:

[quote name='envonge' date='05 July 2009 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1246800889' post='1820644']
Because it's anti-Semitic not to specifically name Israel. :rolleyes:

You have gone too far... =\

I must say that in most places you will see Israel listed.
I don't know why IP didn't, and I really don't care because anyway I translate my board, and of course will add it, cause I live there. :)

[quote name='Kfir' date='05 July 2009 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1246809909' post='1820708']
You have gone too far... =\

I must say that in most places you will see Israel listed.
I don't know why IP didn't, and I really don't care because anyway I translate my board, and of course will add it, cause I live there. :)

vBulletin doesn't either. It's not like IPB deliberatly missed out Israel on purpose. :S
And yeh I suggest the OP does what your doing and translate the board to include Israel if it means that much...

[quote name='EagleHawk' date='05 July 2009 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1246820407' post='1820773']
vBulletin doesn't either. It's not like IPB deliberatly missed out Israel on purpose. :S
And yeh I suggest the OP does what your doing and translate the board to include Israel if it means that much...

Why do you all compare IPS to VB? When I said in most places, I meant in many big sites, and many operation systems, many other softwares, etc...
But after all any Israeli board is translated to Hebrew. Even if it could be nice to see Jerusalem listed :P I think there is nothing to worry about here. Don't you agree with me Yaroslav?

Archived