Important request for v3.0

Wolfie

I just gave it a try and in order to give access to everyone in a section, you have to check each and every option. A check box for that section (like in System Tab, Manage Settings bar) to check everything in that specific section would be majorly appreciated. Checking it should check all options in that section, unchecking that box should uncheck all boxes in that section. Something should be available for tabs to, because if someone is supposed to have access to everything in a tab except for a few options, or all options everywhere except a few spots, then that's a lot of clicks to do.

I checked the bug tracker to see if this was reported as an issue and didn't find anything and since it doesn't look like it was meant to be included, I doubt it's a bug.

It's not a bug, but something we've thought about too. Basically what we thought we'd do was give the admin an option for "whitelist" or "blacklist". If you chose blacklist, then you'd simply check what you *don't* want them to access.

So is it something that will get added with v3.1 or might it (or something) appear with v3.0? Only reason I labeled it as important is because in circumstances with multiple admins, if each is given different permissions (ie, not group based) then it'll be a pain to give access to everything they should have access to.

There are a LOT of check boxes.. :D

Considering that v3.0 is feature locked, then v3.1 is the next place for certain features to get added, unless it's an important enough of a request, then it might get squeezed into v3.0. The RC1/RC2/etc aren't final released, they're testing stages leading up to the final product.

That's why I'm asking ahead if it's something that will wait for v3.1, if it's going to get added.

Archived