My first RC1 Question

Lee Craven

Ok, I did a fresh install of my board, just to save me any possible errors down the road, I backed up my old 2.3.5 db although I do have one question regarding that db.

How can I only import my old members along with there usernames/passwords/emails etc? Is there a way to just do this?

Thanks, you guys made it happen! Happy early birthday to me :D

This is fairly easy using PHPMyAdmin. You just have to export the required database files.
I've already done this for my board. It made a lot of difference.

If you simply upgrade a 2.x.x series forum to 3.0 you may encounter some bugs as I did.

Below are a list of database sql files that I kept. Some may be useless.
The list below may not be 100% of what I kept, but it will give you a good idea.

One thing I noticed after importing everything is that all the permissions are set to allow for all user groups.

ibf_forums

ibf_forum_perms

ibf_members

ibf_members_partial 

ibf_message_posts 

ibf_message_topics 

ibf_permission_index 

ibf_pfields_content 

ibf_pfields_data 

ibf_pfields_groups

ibf_posts ibf_profile_comments 

ibf_profile_friends 

ibf_profile_friends_flood

ibf_profile_portal

ibf_profile_portal_views 

ibf_profile_ratings

ibf_titles

ibf_topics

I only had 5 members on my test board, could I just copy there emails from my old 2.3 db and add them as members to the required groups, leave the passwords blank and send a group email from the board?

Reason I say this is because the SQL confuses me, I erased my old board completly and uploaded RC1 fresh, all I did is backup my DB.

This is the member info I would have for a member say:

INSERT INTO `ibf_members` VALUES(5, 'Talon', 3, 'memberemail@yahoo.com', 1241156066, '123.587.2.8', 0, NULL, 1, '-7', '1', 1, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 'en', NULL, '0', 1, 1, 1, 1, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 1241918457, 1241918457, 0, '-1&-1', 0, '0', '0', '0', 0, '0&0', NULL, '', '', 'f8788f1993143611c488369c346bbd73', 1242523257, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 'std', 1, 'Talon', 0, 'a:1:{s:7:"friends";a:0:{}}', 0, 'talon', 'talon', '', 0, 3);

Archived