IPBoard Toolbar

Guest The Nugget

I'd love to see a toolbar like many of these "Web 2.0" companies are doing. Something were members can chat between each other or be updated on replies to there subscribed threads, etc.

Anything like that possible?

Thanks for listening (reading).

The Digg tool bar is content theft and a total scam where they can place advertisements on other content creator's websites. They even hide your url when viewing your site. I am personally offended that they want to monetize other people's content "on other people's sites"! I vote a big hell no to this. I do not want this becoming 1997 all over again with the damn iframing.

For those that do not know take a look how it puts their url on your site and even allows them to embed ads:

http://digg.com/u1GfF

The Digg tool bar is content theft and a total scam where they can place advertisements on other content creator's websites. They even hide your url when viewing your site. I am personally offended that they want to monetize other people's content "on other people's sites"! I vote a big hell no to this. I do not want this becoming 1997 all over again with the damn iframing.

For those that do not know take a look how it puts their url on your site and even allows them to embed ads:

http://digg.com/u1GfF

Traffic from Digg and other sites like it seem to be generally disliked from those looking to make ad revenue. The few Digg users who don't use adblock can't make up for the cost of the heavy server load from getting front paged. Most digg users advocate other users in using adblock. I myself use it since ads are really annoying and are often flash ads that take forever to load on my dial up connection (don't ask, but I'm stuck with dial up for another month :( ). To be honest I'd use it anyway.

Still I understand your point on Digg ads themselves.

Either way, I dislike the toolbar feature. I turned it off.

Another idea is to see which of your friends are online from your Friends List. The possibilities are endless!

the tone of your message matches perfectly with your avatar :P I completely agree with the whole facebook-like bar at the bottom thing

Archived