RSS Import Anomaly

toprobroy

Having used recently the RSS Import Option to update info in one of my Forums, I decided I would add another to the same Board, but a Different Forum.

Nice try...it seems to have highlighted a problem.

We have a bit of an issue here. One way or another there is a bug with way you are currently using the system. First off, the system stores each cached RSS item as unique by its GUID, as per RSS standards. The issue here is that if you have two feeds which ever forum imports the feed first is going to have access to the feed and the other won't. I was told by the developer of this system that it was intended to only support a specific feed once. We discussed this a bit and the system will likely be changed to not allow a feed twice or modify the IP.Board stored GUID to include an IP.Board identifier along with the RSS GUID. As for now, I will open a bug report and this will be looked into by this developer. For now, I suggest using the feed once as that should resolve your current contention issues. Jason Lombardozzi

What was happening was that when I wanted to view a Full Article from the Forum, it was revealed that the two Imports had been somehow merged, and therefore it wouldn't go to the actual article, but defaulted to a wrong Website.

I think its a bit daft, if they don't sort this out so that more than one RSS Import can be used in a Forum.

Anyone else found this out?

Here was Jason, from Invisions Staff, response:

1) This was reported as a bug, and should be fixed for #3

2) The issue only crops up when you import the *same feed* more than once - you can import multiple separate feeds, but we never really planned for someone to import one feed multiple times into their forums.

• 8 months later...

[quote name='bfarber' date='02 April 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1238679546' post='1793971']
1) This was reported as a bug, and should be fixed for #3

2) The issue only crops up when you import the *same feed* more than once - you can import multiple separate feeds, but we never really planned for someone to import one feed multiple times into their forums.

Did this ever get made to work with Multiple Feeds?

Archived