Dev Section

Guest c u l8er

I was reading around and it sounds like you want to grow your mod/skinning based community. I suggest creating a development section on your website. Apple.com is a great example. I wanted to make some iPhone apps and i easly started with there tuts, examples, videos, etc. I would love to start making some mods with IPBoard. It would be much easier for me and others if you started up a development center for the noobs and the pros.

Short run you are going to have to spend time on it. Long run you are going to get more mods and helpful members in the mod support forums. More mods and a better fan/community = $$$$. Everyone wins, just think about it.

Have you checked out resources.invisionpower.com? There are development tools and articles to help developers on the site (including tutorials and such).

We'll have a lot more for developers after the next release (no point in spending time on development resources for a version that will be outdated very soon), but there's probably a lot on the site that you are not aware of that will be helpful.

Archived