IPB 2.3.5?

Guest darkidan

We don't know when updates will be released until they're ready to be released. I can tell you that 3.0 is going to take a lot of time. I expect we will release a 2.3.5 at some point, however I do not know when. I could not, therefore, tell you whether it's worth upgrading now until the next release is ready, or whether you should instead just wait.

That's good enough for me, thanks

I'll go ahead & update & if another update comes out as soon as I'm done oh well such is life :rolleyes:

Yes I can imagine 3 will be a while off, can't rush art ;)

Thanks Bfarber

you got to be kidding!!! :o

the last thing I want right now is another update. I just upgraded 3 boards and began reinstalling the mods...and still have to finish that up on all three sites. Then I have 3 more boards to do. :blink:

I don't understand the desire to want more updates after IPS just released one. Some of you need a life :P :lol:

If they do release 2.3.5 I'll probably skip it unless they have manual upgrade instructions. I'm not redoing all my mods again until 3.0 is released(which I hope is a long ways off.....I just don't have the time to be upgrading and reinstalling mods every few weeks. :rolleyes: )

the only benifit to this I can see is if 2.3.5 is released before I get to my other 3 boards I can just upgrade those to 2.3.5 and wait to upgrade the other 3 boards to 3.0 :P

1) We released 2.3.4 on January 9th. There have been bugs reported since then in varying degrees of severity, and an update should be released to correct those bugs. Just because a user doesn't want to reinstall their mods is NOT a valid reason not to correct issues in our software. ;)

2) Quick, actually, we've stated in a few places that we HAVE started on 3.0. Still, it will be a while, as there is a lot that is happening with this version.

I never suggested that you shouldn't release an update. ;) I was just surprised at the apparent need of some users to want an update so soon after one was released. :o I've noticed there is always that anticipation around here over the years...just seems strange to me. :lol:

If you release it or not...is no concearn to me at this point since everything seems to be working ok on the forums I did upgrade to 2.3.4. However if you do release it I won't upgrade unless there is a manual upgrade path. Just too much work to keep upgrading and reinstalling things. However I would upgrade my other boards to it since I haven't upgraded them yet. :P ;)

I never ment to imply that you shouldn't release upgrades because we have to reinstall mods. ;)

Archived