Emoticons

Guest TestingSomething

The Emoticon setup needs to allow for multiple triggers to get an image to show! In the past I used to put ":smile:, :), :-)" for example for the smile emoticon. But now it states that you should not put commas, even though in the past it would allow those where an image could have multiple triggers.

So the final result is if I change what triggers a smiley, I have to search through posts for the old trigger and change it to the new one. It should either have a tool which changes post content with a search and replace if you update a smiley trigger or it should allow for multiple triggers where broken images don't show up.

For other sets (other than default) you absolutely must have it be :filename:. They changed it at some point where you can't change it to whatever you want. But for the default group you can change it to other things. Thus I took all of my new smileys and put them into the default group now. But the problem is if I change :smile: to : ) (without the space) then every post that had it as :smile: will still have it as :smile:. So in all of the posts it has no image at all. I just think there needs to be a way to change them without it then ruining all posts with the old way in it.

Archived