Fatal Error

Guest GoArmyMan

Sorry I posted here again, seems like this is the correct place to post this.

Hopefully I'll get a quicker answer then what I've been getting in the Client Area.

I keep getting this error when trying to install my IP.

I've been told that only IP can fix this because it's a server issue that the memory isn't enough to read the file.

Fatal error: Unable to read 85545 bytes in /home/military/public_html/Forums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 0

Any help please?

If its IP.Board, binary won't matter.

Yes it will.
The error is that of an encoded file not being uploaded in binary. He said "My version can only be used in their servers, I can't take it to another server." which means he must be using the encoded version that comes free with IPS Hosting, as it's encoded it must be uploaded in binary.

Sorry I posted here again, seems like this is the correct place to post this.

Hopefully I'll get a quicker answer then what I've been getting in the Client Area.

I keep getting this error when trying to install my IP.

I've been told that only IP can fix this because it's a server issue that the memory isn't enough to read the file.

Fatal error: Unable to read 85545 bytes in /home/military/public_html/Forums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 0

Any help please?

You need to ask your server to increase the memory size allowed in the php.ini file. Most servers stay with the default of 8mb. They need to increase it to a higher setting.

No he doesn't. His host is IPS, they allow the amount of memory needed to run their own software.
The problem is that the file hasn't been uploaded in binary, so it simply can't read it. The fact that it's got 85545 bytes to read is not important.
If it was a memory issue it would say "tried to allocate x - need y more" or something to that effect.
The fact it says "on line 0" kind of gives it away that it can't read anything in the file.

(This is why support isn't allowed here)

Yes it will.

The error is that of an encoded file not being uploaded in binary. He said

"My version can only be used in their servers, I can't take it to another server."

which means he must be using the

encoded

version that comes free with IPS Hosting, as it's encoded it must be uploaded in

binary

My apologies :(

Archived