[Suggestion] Bbcode Quick Access

Guest BlackDrag

Hi

Bbcode Quick Access is very useful for admins and users.

I do use them myself very often but I don't want my users to use many bbcodes. I know they can reproduce them if you use the tag but it will be a good feature to get a Bbcode Quick Access for everybody and another one specific for admins.

bbocdeadminik3.th.gif

A good option for a future release..

:lol:

I think what would be better is that if BBCodes permissions were reworked completely to have their own permission masks.
For example, I believe there are already group options for allowing images and possibly flash - and I know that some people who use custom BBCode would like to limit their permissions.

Perhaps a permission system for BBCode can be created?

Very good idea.. I'd really like to see permission mask settings for BBCodes. But alas, it could be problematic if a member quotes you... the bbcode would end up in the post, and they'd get a permission error. There's have to be a way to do it without being annoying.

And lets not start with HTML...

With quoting it could check the snapback tag to make sure it's actually a valid quote and if it is, parse it.

Or just give an error or cut out the tags or something...

Actually parsing it all can be tricky. It would be better to strip it out.

Actually parsing it all can be tricky. It would be better to strip it out.

What I mean is, when I hit the reply or quote button I get something like this:

[quote name='Luke' date='Dec 2 2007, 02:41 AM' post='1515706']

It should be possible to get the post ID number from post='' (which it has to get anyway to parse the snapback tag) - and then it could theoretically check if the contents of the quote tag match the contents of the post in the database. If it does match, it can parse the tags which the poster wouldn't normally be allowed to parse - and if it doesn't match it (i.e. someone is deliberatly trying to trick the system with quotes) - it strips the tags out.
That is going to be complicated, but it's possible - I'm not sure if it would be worth doing though as things like pageload would be affected. If it's not worth doing, the tags could just be stripped out or an error could be displayed - which are easy enough to do.

Archived