IP Board

Guest skyleong

I would like to know what other things that I need to buy after purchasing the 149.99 package. I saw the requirement stated that I need PHP and mySQL. Do I need to install these two in order to run the forum? And how do I get the url for my forum?

Thanks in advance

I would like to know what other things that I need to buy after purchasing the 149.99 package. I saw the requirement stated that I need PHP and mySQL. Do I need to install these two in order to run the forum? And how do I get the url for my forum?

Thanks in advance

not many staff on this time of night.

support is suppose to be at ipsbeyond.

although. this question is in desperate need of answers.

first off. its not recommended to attempt to install website software on a pc. you should buy web hosting. (from a good host. not an overseller)

also. you need to purchase your domain from a registar!

i.e.

www.namecheap.com
www.godaddy.com ************note************* both of these registars massively oversell on bandwidth and space! **************note****************

for a starter. i would say. 200-500MB of space. and 2-10GB of bandwidth will be more than enough. (at a reasonable price of 5-10$ a month)

edit: if you want to contact me on msn. id be glad to try and tell you more if you need more help. (msn = uberjon@verizon.net)

If i choose the website hosting Lite package (USD14.99), is there any URL given?

i would doubt it.

although. pricing on domains is mainly based on their tld. the part after the . like .com

there are a few companies that still try and make you pay 30-50$ for a .com domain! dont fall for it.

depending on sales. you can pick up sometimes a .org or .net/.info domain from godaddy for 2-3$ for the first year. its not a large cost factor!

keep in mind. if you buy the hosting. without buying the ipboard license. they will provide you with ipboard. but it will be encrypted. (the source files leave the server. they wont work.) (they also cannot be edited. because they are encrypted ;)) (edit the actual source file. you can edit board names and such just fine.)

This is my website hoster mob

Siteground.com

5.99 as month

FREE Domain

and great support

i guess you missed the "note" on oversellers?

a sever with a 10mbit/s unmetered dedicated line. can use aprox 3300GB of bandwidth a month total.

on average. you can expect to spend 15-90$ per month per 1mbit/s unmetered dedicated for a server!

so. at 15$.. and needing "more" than 10mbit/s to use 5000GB a month. that would be 150$ a month right there...

oh. and the average 500GB hard drive today costs around 100$ or so.. thats like 20 months of payments just to pay the hard drive off!!!

</end overseller rant>

i would doubt it.

although. pricing on domains is mainly based on their tld. the part after the

com

there are a few companies that still try and make you pay 30-50$ for a .com domain! dont fall for it.

depending on sales. you can pick up sometimes a .org or .net/.info domain from godaddy for 2-3$ for the first year. its not a large cost factor!

keep in mind. if you buy the hosting. without buying the ipboard license. they will provide you with ipboard. but it will be encrypted. (the source files leave the server. they wont work.) (they also cannot be edited. because they are encrypted ;)) (edit the actual source file. you can edit board names and such just fine.)

Thanks for reply :)

Which means, I have to buy

1) purchasing the 149.99 package
2) website hosting Lite package (USD14.99)
3) and URL too

am i right?

Pls online your MSN

Pls online your MSN

omg im so sorry!

i use the alias "ubergold" for my games/general chat life stuff. and uberjon for forum tech/web stuff.. msn is ubergold@verizon.net >_> (been up like 24 hours or so.. etc :P)

edit:

you do not "need" the actual license. as long as you do not need to edit the source php files.

it the edit can be done 100% via the component. or from the database. or the templates. you do not need to edit the sources.

many people are more than happy using the basic encrypted version. (you can install skins.)

its like. you right click a file and attempt to edit it with a text editor. it shows all kinda mumbo jumbo (because of encryption) also it cant be read by anything but IPS servers.

it can function just fine. as long as you dont need to edit sources...

Thanks for reply :)

Which means, I have to buy

1) purchasing the 149.99 package

2) website hosting Lite package (USD14.99)

3) and URL too

am i right?

Pls online your MSN

No. The Lite package comes with an IPB license, so you don't need to purchase the $149.99 package. If you want your own URL though, you still need to purchase that separately.

No. The Lite package comes with an IPB license, so you don't need to purchase the $149.99 package. If you want your own URL though, you still need to purchase that separately.

I think I get myself confused.Let me state what is my intention. I would like to create a forum but based on the solution given by you. I just need to purchase a Lite package which is $14.99 and purchase my own URL. Is the Lite package comes with any URL?

From what you said,if I want my own URL,I need to purchase that separately.What if I do not want my own URL? Does that mean I do not need to purchase it?

Let me get myself clear,in order to open my own forum,I just need to purchase $14.99 package (+URL) per month. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

If you have any sales questions please email sales@invisionpower.com - they don't monitor these forums, but are the best ones to answer your inquiry.

If you purchase any of our hosting plans you will get a subdomain (such as "mynewsite.invisionzone.com"). If you wish to optionally purchase a TLD, you may do so and we'll tie that to your account. You are not required to do so, however.

Our hosting packages include everything you need to get started - the only consideration then is how big you think your site will get. I'd always recommend starting off with the smallest amount, as you can always upgrade your plan if it becomes necessary.

If you have any sales questions please email sales@invisionpower.com - they don't monitor these forums, but are the best ones to answer your inquiry.

If you purchase any of our hosting plans you will get a subdomain (such as "mynewsite.invisionzone.com"). If you wish to optionally purchase a TLD, you may do so and we'll tie that to your account. You are not required to do so, however.

Our hosting packages include everything you need to get started - the only consideration then is how big you think your site will get. I'd always recommend starting off with the smallest amount, as you can always upgrade your plan if it becomes necessary.

Sorry for troubling you but we e-mailed a few times but to our dissapointment there is not a single reply from them. Posting our reply here gives us a clearer picture of what we should do.
If I want to buy the Lite package under the Website hosting $14.99, am I given a subdomain? If so, what do I need to do if I want my forum to end with .net?
Am I being charged later on? Could you please list down the package that I need to purchase in order to get started with the smallest amount of space?

Thank you again for your time

Sorry for troubling you but we e-mailed a few times but to our dissapointment there is not a single reply from them. Posting our reply here gives us a clearer picture of what we should do.

If I want to buy the Lite package under the Website hosting $14.99, am I given a subdomain? If so, what do I need to do if I want my forum to end with .net?

Am I being charged later on? Could you please list down the package that I need to purchase in order to get started with the smallest amount of space?

Thank you again for your time

If you purchase the Lite package, it will give you the ability to house subdomains with us. We do not provide the subdomain.

If you would like a domain name that ends in .net, you would need to register a domain with any domain registry company then provide us with the domain name that you have registered.

The smallest package that you can purchase that has the ability to have subdomains is the Lite package for $14.99 a month or $161.90 year. The Lite package will give you 400MB of file storage and 25GB of bandwidth. You can always upgrade to a higher hosting package when needed.

If you have any other questions, please ask. Have a great day!

Archived