The next version: more statistics for the IPB

Guest Energizer

I wish more statistics for the IPB. Not only number of members and contributions. I also wish number of the all of the topics and contributions. Number the complete hits. Number of registrations per day. The statistics should be stopped about the ACP. Also for this I wish members profile statistics more: Not only contributions and views. I also wish number of comments and friends.

Not a bad idea, but I would imagine it's all unnecessary workload on the database...

I agree with Watty ;)

It's not really a "must have" for IPB, just one of those cool features I suppose!. A hit counter can easily be placed onto your board if you *really* need or want it, or use AWStats or something like that to get the number of hits/visitors/pages viewed etc.

If forum software is going to go more in the line of social networking sites, then a number of friends feature would be great! Just so you laugh at the pitiful fools with no friends...

:ph34r:

Obviously aimed at someone like me... :rolleyes:

If it's more statistics, why stop at the things mentioned? Why not go for something like, amount of pies eaten? Or soft drinks drunk? :lol: :blink:

It could be a good idea, but @ Energizer's comment about turning things off at the ACP - this is a must, as not everybody wants stats about everything... :cool:

Archived