New to IPB

Guest lost_dom

Once you order your IPB, the staff here will install it for you. :) Once that is done, if you need help setting up/creating the categories/forums/etc, then you will have 2 options available to you:

1. You can submit a ticket via the client center for assistance, or

2. You can visit ipsbeyond.com for customer to customer assistance.

Either way, you'll get the help you need. No one was born knowing how to install/configure IPB, so it's nice to have these 2 options available to you. You'll be a pro at it in no time. :thumbsup:

As mentioned above it's all simple.
However, if you wish to convert from InvisionFree to IP.Board it does become some what of a "waiting game" since Brandon will have to convert the InvisionFree database to the original 1.3 and then someone at IPS will have to upgrade the database to the latest in IP.Board... however, once all the database stuff is sorted it's a smooth ride from there :thumbsup:

IPS, especially Jason, are really supportive and are a great help ...and if you're lucky you may get some good assistance at IPSBeyond.

I'm so lost. I have no idea what to do. Like the OP, I've used IF and other free host software. Everything was already set up and now I have set everything up. I'm so lost. I don't even know how to install the board. :(

But see, that's the biggest difference between IF and IP.Board. You have more control over what you can do. You get more features. IP>Board is a very powerful forum software.

If you're a customer, you can create an IPS Beyond account and we can help you out there. :)

But see, that's the biggest difference between IF and IP.Board. You have more control over what you can do. You get more features. IP>Board is a very powerful forum software.

If you're a customer, you can create an IPS Beyond account and we can help you out there. :)

Thanks Tim. I'm actually much more grateful to have control over my board. I just wish I knew how to control it. :lol: How do I create an IPs Beyond account? Earlier today, I was in the Client Center homepage. It talks about IPS Beyond and then says "Select Username" but it won't let me select one.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help.

Once I've put some money in my bank over the weekend, I think i'll buy my first IPB board.

I admin on a few other IPB forums, and it seems pretty easy to be honest so I dont see what I was worrying about.

Apart from running a forum (setting up catagories, editing usergroups, ranks etc), is there anything else I need to know about getting it set up? Or once I've payed, and the forum has been manually approved by you guys, will the forum be ready for me to add stuff in the admin panel?

Thanks again.

Well, if you are opting for our community hosting, setting it up is about all you have to worry about.

If you intend to purchase a license, you'll need to have a hosting plan, and you'll need a domain name. Contact our sales department if you'd like more detailed information. :)

Ok, one last question.

If I have community hosting, does that mean I cant use my own domain name?

If I bought the comunity hosting, would I get something like "www.yourforumnamehere.invisionboard.com", and if so, is it possible to change it to something like "www.yourforumname.com" if I've already bought my own domain elsewhere?

Does that make sense???

Thankyou :)

Archived