IP.Board Pro being Customized

Guest The Clash

The fact that the Pro skin is a customized skin seems a bit off to me...If it is the default skin, shouldn't it be, well, default, like the Classic Blue is? It doesn't help much in terms of the pro being default to revert the skin and get the blue one back.

My understanding is that the IP. Board Pro skin is only meant to be an alternative to the original blue skin.
It is so that if you do not want to have the skin you can simply remove it.

The IPB Classic Blue skin is the default skin. They just added this as an option.

It wouldn't be right to have 2 default skins would it?

Mine was that the IP.Board Pro replaced the blue skin as default, but they left the blue one in just in case - at least, that's what I gather from this, titled "New Default Skin":http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=235197

This new skin will be offered as an alternative to the classic blue skin currently available.

they aren't saying that the old skin is an alternative to the new one...

I know there was another thread about this but I can't seem to find it... maybe u can look for it...

• Management

The 'pro' skin will be made the 'default' skin in IP.Board 3.0 and the 'classic' skin will be the 'customized' skin.

We didn't want to introduce a whole bunch of template changes for a point release.

The new skin is indeed set as the default on new installations.

The problem is there is no way internally for IPB to handle 2 default skins - there is a master template set and everything inherits from that. While maybe it would be ideal for the new default to also be the master templates (so you can't revert them) the problem would have been that every other single 2.2.2 skin would now inherit from the NEW skin, potentially rendering many of them unusable. :) The way we did it adds the most legacy support, at the expensive of allowing you to revert the templates (though you can still reimport the skin anytime you want to restore it).

The 'pro' skin will be made the 'default' skin in IP.Board 3.0 and the 'classic' skin will be the 'customized' skin.

We didn't want to introduce a whole bunch of template changes for a point release.

Sure the new skin is nice, but why not introduce a new skin in 3.0 that will replace the classic blue default skin? And then just make the old one a download?

The new skin is indeed set as the default on new installations.

The problem is there is no way internally for IPB to handle 2 default skins - there is a master template set and everything inherits from that. While maybe it would be ideal for the new default to also be the master templates (so you can't revert them) the problem would have been that every other single 2.2.2 skin would now inherit from the NEW skin, potentially rendering many of them unusable. :) The way we did it adds the most legacy support, at the expensive of allowing you to revert the templates (though you can still reimport the skin anytime you want to restore it).

I didn't mean default in terms of view, I meant default in terms of being the master skin. Of course, that makes perfect sense in regards to:

That makes sense, although I have to agree with Charles on this. I would rather see a brand new skin (like 2.0 introduced), and have the "old" Pro and Classic Blue skins available for those who still like them.

Archived