Release Stable 2.2.2?

Guest rm5b.2bs

IPB 2.2.2 is still available to download in the client area.

The upgrade pack? Or the full package? I can only see the upgrade :(

actually 2.3 is just another version of 2.2 but they just renamed it cus of a small few new features. So don't worry about 2.2 and just move to 2.3.

But if it's 2.2.2, there won't be anymore major changes, like 2.1.7. :)

*EDIT:
I have an upgrade pack I downloaded earlier this year, and it seems the size difference and the last modified date are different. Does this mean that if I upgrade my board to 2.2.1, then applied the upgrade pack, it would be on the latest and stable version of 2.2.2?

I didn't really think this upgrade qualified for a v2.3 version name instead of v2.2.3. However, after realizing how many mods needed upgrading I think it was definitely the right call. There are edits to a lot of files and some changes are pretty fundamental as well.

We do not go back and update older versions - i.e. you won't see a 2.1.8 released. If you want the latest "stable" release you should always use the latest release. If a bug is found in 2.2.2, it will be fixed in upcoming 2.3 releases. We won't go back and release a 2.2.3 (set aside a security issue if one should be discovered).

I think a lot of people would like it if older version simply remained available for download. At the time I downloaded 2.3, 2.2 was gone.

I think that's what this is about.

Why would you not download 2.3.0 if there is nothing different about the skin, and it supports IPB 2.2.x skins?

Unless you have an alternative motive to use an older version, I don't see why you would want to use it.

Obviously, there is a lot different about it. Check out the bug tracker. Quite a few new bugs have been introduced, some of them critical. Any change, no matter how small, introduces the risk of new bugs and broken customizations.

Until stuff like this is under the bridge, I'm not using it.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...mp;bug_cat_id=8

In the meantime, I'm upgrading my VPS from debian sarge to debian etch, and would like to be able to reinstall IPB with a fresh 2.2.2 tarball and import the database if the worst happens. Bugs I know and have found ways of dealing with are better than ones that I don't know about which can jump out of nowhere and cause dataloss.

Archived