Bug Fix Suggestion

Guest TestingSomething

I think IPS should have some area on the site or in the ACP where it tells how to do bug fixes once they have been determined. For example there are already bugs being found and fixed in 2.3.0 that would be nice to go ahead and do the fixes for without waiting for 2.3.1. Some of them you can just read in the bug tracker and figure out, but it is hard to keep track of them thatw ay. I saw on another site someone post about the typo in class_post_edit (I think thatw as the file) and I ahve seen fixes for a couple other things. But it would be nice to have some place that keeps track of only bug fixes. (ones that are simple like that or critical ones that would be best to fix without waiting on a new point release).

Sometimes IPS is slow fixing errors in changelogs also. On 2 different point releases for 2.2 some changed files were not listed in the list and I accidentally figured out that there were other files I needed to upload and I mentioned it in bug tracker, but nobody EVER fixed that list on one of them in particular.

Things can get kind of confusing when upgrading.

I think IPS should have some area on the site or in the ACP where it tells how to do bug fixes once they have been determined. For example there are already bugs being found and fixed in 2.3.0 that would be nice to go ahead and do the fixes for without waiting for 2.3.1. Some of them you can just read in the bug tracker and figure out, but it is hard to keep track of them thatw ay. I saw on another site someone post about the typo in class_post_edit (I think thatw as the file) and I ahve seen fixes for a couple other things. But it would be nice to have some place that keeps track of only bug fixes. (ones that are simple like that or critical ones that would be best to fix without waiting on a new point release).

Sometimes IPS is slow fixing errors in changelogs also. On 2 different point releases for 2.2 some changed files were not listed in the list and I accidentally figured out that there were other files I needed to upload and I mentioned it in bug tracker, but nobody EVER fixed that list on one of them in particular.

Things can get kind of confusing when upgrading.

Widespread/Global bugs and other issues will be noted in the new Bulletins section, with a link to a knowledge base article with the fix. :)

Archived