Captcha problems

Guest sallam

Greetings

The Captcha system needs some enhancements to work better. I hope the developers take the following in consideration:

• When GD library images are selected, the system accepts capital letters only. It would be more convenient to accept both capital and small letters, like other software do. Or at least make it an option for admin to select from ACP.
  • If we disable the images and use normal fonts, in many cases the images do not appear. Instead, only 2 lines of the ALT 'Code Bit Code Bit Code Bit' show. I don't know why this happens, but I've seen that in several sites that use IPB software.
Many thanks.

For your second point, it's usually a library missing - setting "Captcha: Use Fonts" to No should resolve the issue.

For the first point, I agree. It's something that has bugged me as well. I think, first, however it would be beneficial to centralize the captcha processing. As it is, the processing (and image calling, etc.) occurs from each library using it (usercp, posting, registering, etc.). It would be nice to have all this handling done through one file, so we can update it once, and the updates occur for each section.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I write here because I couldn't get any help on either support forums.

On registering the captcha image is quite hard to see. It's very grainy.

here is a picture:

captchabad_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.gif

The GD is set to GD1 in General configuration. In security and privacy the

'Enable Captcha?' = Advanced
'Captcha use fonts:' = Yes

If I set it to GD2 the image doesn't even appear, it displays the 'loading image' text. It's strange because I asked the host and they said GD2 is enabled on my server.

I also checked the captcha images in style_captcha/captcha_backgrounds and they're fine not grainy. Here is a sample:

blue_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I write here because I couldn't get any help on either support forums.

On registering the captcha image is quite hard to see. It's very grainy.

here is a picture:

The GD is set to GD1 in General configuration. In security and privacy the

'Enable Captcha?' = Advanced

'Captcha use fonts:' = Yes

If I set it to GD2 the image doesn't even appear, it displays the 'loading image' text. It's strange because I asked the host and they said GD2 is enabled on my server.

I also checked the captcha images in style_captcha/captcha_backgrounds and they're fine not grainy. Here is a sample:

Any help is appreciated.

This isn't a support forum - please submit a ticket.

Archived