My account

Guest Sully()

Hey,

I just logged in and was asked to enter a display name. It said Sully was taken, so I just put in () at the end. Now after posting, apparently I only just joined and its my first (now second) post.

Have I missed something during my time of inactivity? I always had an account called Sully... with posts! :S

Most likely your email here didn't match your email in the client center. Since converge is enabled, you were able to create a new account based on your client center email address. You got the "user name in use" because the sully account is indeed still here and working.

Sully
Sully()

And im back.

Is registration simple or something, as I dont recall having to fill in much? I logged in from an error page btw. (I was following a link which apparently is a broken one, so I just logged in from there)

The only way converge will "break" and create a new account is if the email doesn't match the account you are trying for, but one exists within the converge database. Perhaps it has just been a long time since you updated that field? :P

I logged in from an error page btw. (I was following a link which apparently is a broken one, so I just logged in from there)

Perhaps a bug with error pages? :S

Strange. Here is what I did on that page;

I entered a username (forgot it was email only) and password. It then said it was my first time here and to set a display name. Thats all I had to do, and I had an account!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived