Email this calendar event - Feature request

Guest saturnx

One of our members on our forums wrote in to suggest a feature to which he hopes can be seen in the calendar. Our forum calendar has many many dates of all the exhibitions we're taking part in along with all the contra exhibitions. Upon clicking on the event in the calendar there could be a email this function where we can email the particular event post with all the details to some one who would be interested in the event.

Hopefully in the future major update this feature would be considered and put in as well.

I'd think that a manual form like that would be a lot of work. It would almost seem better to simply allow members to subscribe to the calendar, and then send emails like once a month or once a week to subscribed members advising of events upcoming in the next week (or month).

I'd think that a manual form like that would be a lot of work. It would almost seem better to simply allow members to subscribe to the calendar, and then send emails like once a month or once a week to subscribed members advising of events upcoming in the next week (or month).

You could do that too, I suppose. Either way is fine with me. :)

I think he is suggesting emailing it to non-members.

E.g. I register for a forum for a local band, look in calendar, notice gig soon, which my friend might be interested in, click, click button "email a friend" enter friends email address, Bang, they get an email about the event:

"Dear NAME,

MEMBERNAME thought you might be interested in this event from the Band Forums,

Event Name 11/11/1111

For full details visit the event listing on this page someurl,

Thanks,

THE BAND FORUMS!"

Archived