Problems

Guest Sonic98

I don't mean to be critical, but lately I have no idea what is going on with my Invision products. I've been using an IPB board since 1.2 I believe, and I use Invision's hosting for that website even thought I have my own servers and hosting capabilities. But lately there have been more problems than need be. I have a site that at one time was pretty highly ranked in alexa and rankings.com for the type of site it is, and a lot of people from similar or competing sites were switching over. But it seemed as if the server/site always picked the worst possible time to go down, not to mention the server being infected with viruses and scripts so many times since moving to IPB 2.x. I've noticed a lot of our competitors try to copy us. They tried to get a similar look and content then also switched over to IPB from other software. I found it some what weird when many switched back and popular sites than I visited often like the forum on 49ers.com did the same. But I have noticed that these people with other hosts and other forum software never seem to have the same problems. Their sites almost never go down and they hardly ever just all the sudden start getting errors and warnings. Now, I have been unable to access my site for almost a month because of spam they're not even showing proof of orginating from my site and it's soon to be cancelled. I just don't understand why I and others I know with the forum/hosting seem to be having much more problems than people with a different package.

Likely, none of the members here on this forum will be able to answer your inquiries. I personally do not know your specific situation, however I would venture to say that if you emailed management[@]invisionpower.com they can answer all of your questions for you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived