Admin Queries

Guest Jaggi

Ok who's wise idea was it to limit admin debug queries to 300 characters... NEWS FLASH whats the point of debugging queries if you can't see all of them?!?!

can we have this reverted please cus it makes absolutely no sense what so ever, i removed it in my ipb.

Also just released that the queries feature in acp doesn't show all the queries run on the page, just shows the global queries like sessions, whys that? Any chance to have some proper information show there?

1) If you are IN_DEV displaying the queries, it shows every query run (not just global/session queries). No idea where you determined that rom.

2) The query display when running one from the mysql toolbox has always had a character limit.

3) The query display when IN_DEV is limited because certain queries do inserts and can be humongous if there is a lot of information to display.

I don't see much need to change it (given that it has always been like this and no one has said anything before) - you're free to change it yourself if you wish.

Guess we'll see what everyone else thinks..

weird i had it on in_dev and a mod i made required me to edit some queries in the member search and edit areas. Weirdly i couldn't see any of the queries run on pages, just some of the same queries run consistently. Which were global queries required to gather data from page to page and session queries. I noticed it was however fine on other pages such as conf settings page so maybe its just not as widely supported in the acp as debug is in the forum. And the limit purpose i can understand but its defeated because some insert and update queries have no breaks in them so go flying outside the debug box anyways.

weird i had it on in_dev and a mod i made required me to edit some queries in the member search and edit areas. Weirdly i couldn't see any of the queries run on pages, just some of the same queries run consistently. Which were global queries required to gather data from page to page and session queries. I noticed it was however fine on other pages such as conf settings page so maybe its just not as widely supported in the acp as debug is in the forum.

Every query is logged, just like on the public side.

My best guess is that you actually hit a page that does a page-less redirect, which is why you didn't see the queries you expected to see.

Archived