Regarding a possible lite version of IP.Board

Guest VictorB

These functions, in fact, independently from their qualification, as the management of some data asked to the user when registering (for example, the complete date of birth, when it would be enough to fill in and visualize a form about the age), forms to take out a subscription or for donations, and other, in those countries where the laws on privacy, royalties and fiscal control are restrictive, force, as it

I am currently in the middle with this, I think a lite version could go on sale for ~$50, but would people really use it? Would the developers time be profitable? Where would the product go once it is produced? without PM or anyother features there isn't much to improve on.

I couldn't see us spending the time necessary to remove functionality from IPB and then sell it for less...

I'd think you'd be better off just modifying the version we do sell - you can remove 90% of what you are talking about via the skin alone, already (remove the birthdate from displaying, and from the forms in the user cp, etc.). That is, for the features you can't just disable via the ACP settings (such as PM's and attachments).

I apologize for my bad English. Maybe my words have been misunderstood: I have not proposed to change current IP.Board version as it is sold today, nor to lower its price, but to add to it a lite version. To increase the range of available products, diversifing it for different kinds of users, who don

Archived