Arbizining Blog and Gallery

Guest JavaGenius

Dear all

I know that there is an Arabic pack for the IP. Board, but I have some questions:

Is it easy to change the direction of all the IP. Board, Gallery and blogs pages to be (from right to left as Arabic language is rtl)
Will the Board Arabic language pack work with Blog and Gallery?

Is it easy to do this Arabization in all the products...?

Best Regards

The Gallery isn't a problem.

Remco and I ran into some issues with the Blog because of how RTL languages work when div's are "floated" - doesn't seem to pick up on the top and left locations *(javascript) entirely well. However, I do have saved html template bit to correct this, if you run into this issue. :)

So, in other words, they will both work with RTL languages (including Arabic), however you may need to submit a ticket if you are using blog so I can give you the html template bit for the RTL language.

Actually I have decided 90% to purchase Your coummunity set (Board + Gallery + Blog)... not yet decided which language to choose (English or Arabic)... If there will not be any problem with the Arabic (if you will help me plug it in) for all the package... I will go for it... But if there will be some problem, I will make it in English..

But it is strongly prefered to be in ARABIC... :)

My web site is about Java Programming Language.

Also I will host my site at your servers.

The english language pack is included with every purchase.

You can install both an english and an arabic language pack if you like, though obviously, posts and other settings you make (usergroup titles, forum names, etc.) will only show in the language they are typed in.

As far as I am aware, no IPS staff member speaks arabic, so you will need to either translate IPB yourself (it's very easy, all language bits are stored in their own files) or use a prebuilt pack by another member of the IPS community, at the time of posting there were none available at the two most popular IPB resource sites, so you'll probably need to make one yourself - as arabic is right-to-left you might need to submit a ticket or request a custom mod to make the post editors and other text boxes type right-to-left.

Overall, it is very possible to do, but as arabic is so different to english, and the software has been developed primarilly for english-speaking (the code comments are in english and I think a few javascript language bits are hardcoded into english, also the ACP is in english) it will be difficult to do without a high knowledge of webcoding and the software itself.

thanks a lot for you all... I am going to purchace your products at the end of this month.... When I get my salary ;)

As I feel that I will not face any "Language" related problems from your talk...especially (rtl) issues...

And I hope that you take care of this issue when you develop your IP. Dynamic and other products...

Archived