products suggestions

Guest JavaGenius

Dear IPS archet.

I have a new idea of a new product that you can develop which is IPS messanger which enables all the members of IPS board to chat with eachother the same way of MSN messanger (only the ones that I added to my messanger can talk to me). It will be great...

And another product that you can do is Email Management System that enable the visitors to check their emails in a web based manner. Just like this product :
http://www.horde.org/imp/

Also, a new product that is similar to IP. Gallery but, which allows members to share thier mp3 songs (the forum admin can limit the number of songs for each member or the member can not put his mp3's untill he reach a specific number of topics or a specific member group ).

Another product, Video Conference. Which allows members to make a conference.

And another feature in the board is the "speeling check"

I know all these products are available form third party companies. But, the idea is that to have it all under one compnay so you can integrate all of them in on community easily. And for me to deal with one company regarding my community website is much more better than dealing with 3,4 or 5 companies. And the reason that made me choose IPS over vBulletin is their product set availability.

I hope that these suggestions will be heard by the IPS engineers. And I hope to hear from them soon.

Best Regards

IPS Messenger would be a downloadable application? I don't think IPS would do that :P

Email Management System is planned but on hold I believe.

MP3 Sharing would be like IPS encouraging illegal file sharing.

Video Conference, I don't think this would be a good product, this can already be achieved by many other applications, like MSN.

Spelling Check is available as a modification.

Firstly spellcheck is already built in. You need to be using Internet Explorer to use it.
See the button: http://forums.invisionpower.com/style_imag.../spellcheck.gif

I have a new idea of a new product that you can develop which is IPS messanger which enables all the members of IPS board to chat with eachother the same way of MSN messanger (only the ones that I added to my messanger can talk to me). It will be great...

Like the IM feature on MySpace? Or downloadable like MSN?
The latter will not be made as IPS develops web applications.

And another product that you can do is Email Management System that enable the visitors to check their emails in a web based manner. Just like this product :

http://www.horde.org/imp/

Vectura - a product that was in development but put on hold by IPS.
It's Rikki's project if you want to contact him for the status.

Also, a new product that is similar to IP. Gallery but, which allows members to share thier mp3 songs (the forum admin can limit the number of songs for each member or the member can not put his mp3's untill he reach a specific number of topics or a specific member group ).

IP Downloads - available for $50 - to purchase, submit a ticket

Another product, Video Conference. Which allows members to make a conference.

There's nothing to say they definatly won't - but as IPS develop in PHP and this is technically impossible in PHP, it's unlikely to happen.

Thanks to both of you.

But why IPS does not enlarge thier tech. So it includes Java which will enable them to develop more than web apps.

Because they already have PHP web developers, so to start producing applications made in Java would require them to hire some people who can code Java. Also IPS have already developed them self into the Web Application market, so why change?

To the OP: You need to keep in mind that IPS are already launching an entirely new product line in the near future that will be called IP.Business. This product line will feature a complete e-commerce software package, with IP.Nexus handling the billing management aspects, and IP.Dynamic handling the content management aspects. I believe their focus is going to be geared towards getting this new product line out the door, and developing these products, as well as focusing on their other products in the pipeline (whatever they may be), and even improving upon existing products.

IPS is growing... and I see that PHP is not enogh (if they want to produce a complete set of variable products) ... why not hire Java coders or even ASP .NET... my idea is : why not to grow in the tech. side and manpower side?

They could do it in the future, but right now they have there hands full, so it would be best in my opinion to complete all the current products.

There's an old saying - don't take on more than you can chew. :thumbsup:

Stewart can code java, IIRC, and Jason here can code in C++. Josh knows a few languages as well. Does that mean we will employ all of these possibilities? Not necessarily.

I'm sure your suggestions will be reviewed by senior staff, however I wouldn't expect any sort of announcements or releases in the immediate future, given our current focus.

IPS is growing... and I see that PHP is not enogh (if they want to produce a complete set of variable products) ... why not hire Java coders or even ASP .NET... my idea is : why not to grow in the tech. side and manpower side?

java, uggh *shiver*

Archived