Bettwr warning System

Guest Sinistra

But then you'd get the annoying vB users say IPS have copied us again, and I dont really like that system.

Also, I imagine its pretty hard not copying, vB eventually took the multi-quote, its just a fight really to stay up-to-date with current demands.

I havent really seen the infraction system much, but from what I have heard and seen, its a no from me. However, thats just my 2 cents.

But then you'd get the annoying vB users say IPS have copied us again, and I dont really like that system.

Also, I imagine its pretty hard not copying, vB eventually took the multi-quote, its just a fight really to stay up-to-date with current demands.

I havent really seen the infraction system much, but from what I have heard and seen, its a no from me. However, thats just my 2 cents.

There have already been members ov vB that have said that IPB stole something from them. They clane the clasic profile view in 2.0 to 2.1 was a rip of their 3.0, 3.5 and now 3.6 profile.

Why you think they redesigned the entire profile

The Report/Warning System needs a update definitely in my opinion. I think infractions could work, under a different name though :P

"the not vb warn system"

i think it does need a update however no idea about this crappy system you lot are talking about (cus its on vb it has to be crappy :P), i would like to see something to maybe depreciate warnings automatically overtime. Also a levels system depending on how bad they've broken a set of "rules" would be good.

"the not vb warn system"

i think it does need a update however no idea about this crappy system you lot are talking about (cus its on vb it has to be crappy :P), i would like to see something to maybe depreciate warnings automatically overtime. Also a levels system depending on how bad they've broken a set of "rules" would be good.

well liets say its like the warning system but with points. you get infraction points for certin reasons. so say in the admin CP you set up infraction levels. and infraction permissions.

Spamming: would equal 10 points (editible) if the member reaches 30 points tehy loose some privlage on the board say like the gallery. another 30 they loose the blogs so on and so forth.

well liets say its like the warning system but with points. you get infraction points for certin reasons. so say in the admin CP you set up infraction levels. and infraction permissions.

Spamming: would equal 10 points (editible) if the member reaches 30 points tehy loose some privlage on the board say like the gallery. another 30 they loose the blogs so on and so forth.

I think it could be implemented like that, basically on the component options have a 'Max Warn Points allowed to access' or something similar.

i don't think thats a great idea, if someones being abusive on my forums to get 30 or so "points" then i wouldn't care about the components i just wouldn't want em on the forum. Also another option to be added onto wotever improvements would be perhaps the ability to demote them into a another group depending how many warnings they get.

I definitely think we should keep the warn bar, it's an IPB "landmark". But I do agree some more functionality to it would be good, it is good at the moment, but it's been there since the days of v1.3.

All you Die hard IPB fans don't want anything to change. I used IPB back in the 1.1.2 days and IPB has changed alot sence then and I don't mind the changes now. but when someone suggests some type of change your like OMG we need to keep the old system because its an IPB thing" No its not vBulletin has a Hack that takes the ipb Warning system so its not just an IPB featuer anymore. and its about time for improvments on alot of the old school stuff that has been in the IPB script sence matt left Ikonboard.

The warning system needs some drastic changes to keep up with vB and phpBB thats eaven got a warning system last I heard. so you people need to stop being all we need to keep this featuer but improve on it.

Yeah improving on a feature that has been in the IPB system for what 5 years? I don't see a point in keeping the warning system we have. its limited in what you can do I agree keep the warning bar but allow points to rase the warn bar.

Archived