Forum Guidelines Bug

Guest D.San

I found a bug while running a demo board and I don't think it's been reported before. When creating a "forum rules" section for a particular forum & you add a list, it breaks it. How do I explain this, maybe a picture would be best.

This one has no list:

example1rulesbreak4io.th.jpg

This one has a list:

example2rulesbreak1eu.th.jpg

It breaks with the LIST and various other BBCode elements. Do you see the break? I hope you understand what Im trying to point out. :unsure:

I shouldn't need to, Cinek. When using the editor, it should automatically do these things. If the BBCode is available, it shouldn't break when used. BTW, I tried your method and it didn't fix the problem. It breaks it even more, actually.

Here is an example of what it looks like after I add the paragraph HTML tags (Yes, I did it right. I work with HTML and CSS all the time).

example3rulesbreak9qf.th.jpg

It was YOUR idea, Cinek. Either way it's broken. The LIST html above is from the WYSIWYG editor in the AdminCP when I view the BBCode and not the WYSIWYG editor. You're not helping nor do I think you understand the bug that this IS.

But that's not a LIST. Not in the true FORM of a list. This is a LIST using the BBCODE built INTO IP.BOARD for a LIST:

1. Item 1
  2. Item 2
  3. Item 3
  4. Item 4
  5. Item 5
The code IPBOARD uses for that is THIS:

[list=1]
[*]Item 1
[*]Item 2
[*]Item 3
[*]Item 4
[*]Item 5
[/list]

Are you getting it yet?

This BREAKS the "Rules" section above at the top of the forum as does various other BBCode attributes.

Regardless of the work-around(s) possible, this is still a bug. If I wanted to "work around" this bug, I could. The fact is, I don't. This is a bug in a piece of software. Did I ask for a work-around? I reported a bug and this has turned into an argument. Enough.

Also, if I INDENT (using the WYSIWYG editor in the AdminCP) something in the forum rules (such as your idea in the previous post), it still breaks. It's a BUG. Nuff' said.

It's been there since 2.1.0 and hasn't been fixed yet...

There isn't an easy way to fix it I'm afraid. We could get rid of the p tag inside the forum rules block...and then it's instantly fixed. However, then the rules don't look very appealing (no lighter color background to offset the font colors).

It's quite a minor issue. Feel free to report it in the *proper* place (as per the forum rules here), but it's not a high priority.

Archived