IPS community suite

Guest Biollante

• 2 weeks later...

The Pre Sales Forum has been discussed but it was decided to be inefficient compared to email.

And you should get a response on Tuesday or Wednesday. IPS Sales is closed on Saturday and Sunday and will be closed tomorrow due to New Years Day.

Greps, you recieved an answer here after 13 minutes, then another reply was made 2 minutes after your next post, and this post is being made 27 minutes after your last post. In my opinion, an average of 14 minutes responce time is pretty fast.

The members cannot help you any more. If you have any questions about the community suite package, fire away, but only the staff can charge you for it and create a customer account once recieving payment.

The thing is, IPS works in an office, that office is closed today - as far as I am aware, the vBuletin staff work from home, so they may choose to spend their lives on the computers, but for IPS, most staff are online suring office hours.

That said, I can see 2 staff members online now, but they can see this topic has already been answered.

inefficient? folks usually get a responce, either from staff or other members within an hour on vBulletin forums, not in 5 days, no matter what day of the week it is...

But it can lead to the wrong information being given out. Generally IPS Support is very quick, however during the Festive Period and after Major Releases it can take longer. You just need to bear with them.

• Management

Ironically, in this circumstance, you will have to email sales@invisionpower.com to purchase the community suite as it is not yet available on the web site :)

As for the pre-sales forum I am not sure where this sudden urge to have it back has come from. It is been gone for nearly a year already now.

Ironically, in this circumstance, you will have to email sales@invisionpower.com to purchase the community suite as it is not yet available on the web site :)

As for the pre-sales forum I am not sure where this sudden urge to have it back has come from. It is been gone for nearly a year already now.

Maybe you could make that Pre-Sales Questions link, go to a page with a form to email sales@invisionpower.com?

I guess I've been using vBulletin for way too long and got a little too used to they way things work over there. I have 5 forums all running vBulletin, and all was fine untill it became evident that one of those forums needs an integrated gallery solution. and seeing as that Jelsoft do not offer a product similar to IPS' Gallery, I was forced to look for an alternative. all thrird party products didn't quite satisfy my needs, so I was left with no choice but to switch to IPB.

I see things have changed a great deal here since I last used IPB, which was still free back then (3 years ago). a lot more features and products, and I like the new design better, too.

Why don't you try using the demo if it's been so long?

Then you can see if IPB is what you're looking for - it has the gallery module installed ;)

I've tried it, and was very impressed with both gallery and blogs module. mind you, in my opinion, IPB itself still has a long way to go to match vBulletin in usability and customizing, but IPS wins by providing official blog and gallery modules. the definite fact that they're developing a CMS also helps, vBCMS is still nothing but myth.

Archived