Question regarding Quick Edit

Guest sk8er_boi6000

Upon doing a test upgrade in order to test my forum for the final version of IPB 2.2 i have noticed that when i allow the upgrader to upgrade my skins, it upgrades all of the HTML perfectly. Would anyone happen to know what i would need to edit to re-add the Quick Edit function into my skins?

Upon doing a test upgrade in order to test my forum for the final version of IPB 2.2 i have noticed that when i allow the upgrader to upgrade my skins, it upgrades all of the HTML perfectly. Would anyone happen to know what i would need to edit to re-add the Quick Edit function into my skins?

You should not need to re-add this functionality... clicking the edit button on a post should give you a little popup that gives you a choice between full and quick edit modes...

Does it upgrade custom skins?

If so I'm SO floored! Thats awesome!

If not... aww :(

The upgrader will overwrite all the template bits with the new one.... oO There's also a tool to go through and convert the "Template HTML Logic" in your skins in the Clean-up Tools section... (and a couple others you might want to run post-upgrade...)

You should not need to re-add this functionality... clicking the edit button on a post should give you a little popup that gives you a choice between full and quick edit modes...

The upgrader will overwrite all the template bits with the new one.... oO There's also a tool to go through and convert the "Template HTML Logic" in your skins in the Clean-up Tools section... (and a couple others you might want to run post-upgrade...)

I can tell ya, we do need to re-add this fucntionality ;)
I ran that clean-up tool, and after I fixed the PHP errors it created (sigh) the edit button still goes straight to the full editor. Ive checked areas of template HTML related to editing etc but it's identical in both skins. I tried to run a skin comparison but it just stopped...

Also ive noticed under this skin that when viewing your profile, clicking the options drop down menu does nothing - I would assume these two are inter-related. However, all other drop down/floating layers appear fine.

(By the way, im another admin on the board Sk8er_boi is talking about :P im not just some crazy stalker)

Have you read

this topic...

by any chance?

Tried clearing cache, hard refresh, no good.

Tried using alternative CSS styles for the buttons, nothing.

Im now considering writing my own bit of Javascript for the menu.

You should post on IPSBeyond about this issue, this is a feedback forum, not a support forum.

Thanks, may do.

Archived