Question for license for IPB

Guest thidepxinh

Thx alot for the info! But i do have a problem now, where can i get a MySQL that are comparable to Invision Power Board v2.2

to store as my database for my forums?

You either to need to host your website yourself, and pay a company money to host your website. Having MySQL is a common feature in about 99.9% of hosting plans.

If you want to host your own website you should do research and understand the risk involved.

If i do not want to take the risk, then what should i do? Will i get a SQL or something else when i purchase license for IPB now??? Sorry for this stupid question, because i'm totally new to those stuff..... don't really know what to do next after purchase license for IPB.

If i do not want to take the risk, then what should i do? Will i get a SQL or something else when i purchase license for IPB now??? Sorry for this stupid question, because i'm totally new to those stuff..... don't really know what to do next after purchase license for IPB.

Find a web hosting company you think will provide the level of service you want. Invision Power Sevices has nothing to do with MySQL, MySQL is an SQL development platform, like I said you should do research into this subject.

I have already told you twice ( including this post ) what you need to do next.

MySQL is a free database system that is used by IPB to store its data.
In the basic IPB package you will get the ability to store your data in the MySQL database thats what it means by MySQL.

I think what you're trying to ask STAR_9 is if you get hosting, which you won't if you but just IPB you can but the option to have ahosting package with IPS after you're purchased the product I think.

Thx for the info, but i heard not every hosting company works with Invision Power Board 2.2! Does it have a requirement for it?

MySQL. What might be the best option for you is to get an invision hosting package as you seem pretty new. That way you do not have to worry about the back end,

Thx for the info, but i heard not every hosting company works with Invision Power Board 2.2! Does it have a requirement for it?

The current version of IPB 2.1.7 has what versions of MySQL and other systems like it, on the product page, I suggest you read it.

There are many choices you can pick, and any questions about specific hosts should be asked toward said host staff not here.

STAR_9, if you are unsure, purchase IPS hosting - you get a free IPB license (some limits) with it.
Click here to purchase IPS hosting

Alternativly, if you want to be hosted somewhere else (a search for webhosting should bring up lots of companies) then you'll need to make sue that they meet these requirements:

PHP

4.3+ and

MySQL

3.23+

A simple EMail asking them if they support the above should answer your questions.

However, as Fus said, if you want to talk to a member of IPS staff, Email them!

Have a nice day

STAR_9, if you are unsure, purchase IPS hosting - you get a free IPB license (some limits) with it.

Click here to purchase IPS hosting

Alternativly, if you want to be hosted somewhere else (a search for webhosting should bring up lots of companies) then you'll need to make sue that they meet these requirements:

A simple EMail asking them if they support the above should answer your questions.

However, as Fus said, if you want to talk to a member of IPS staff,

Email them

!

Have a nice day

Big thx those info u give me are more detail & useful, thx alot Professor P.

Archived