IPS Own Live chat

Guest Bobcheese123

IPS should make their own live chat that comes with the forum. It can be controlled by the admincp. If anyone has seen the chat rooms made by Lithium Technologies (those chats are SOOOOO amazing), IPS should make something similar. It may be a good component for IPS.

I after reading about the huge amount of exploits ( which were fixed I should add ) in the current choices of this type of feature, wouldn't use the feature and I am sure there are a good number of people who might agree with me.

This is better left to a seperate addon, and not a main feature of IPB, due to the resources that it would use ( which is a reason why it won't be a main feature I suspect ).

IPS should make their own live chat that comes with the forum. It can be controlled by the admincp. If anyone has seen the chat rooms made by Lithium Technologies (those chats are SOOOOO amazing), IPS should make something similar. It may be a good component for IPS.

I am talking about IPB making THEIR OWN chat. Not using yours. duh. <_<

I don't think the user is talking about InvisionConnect - they're talking about a handrolled ParaChat alternative basically.

IPB supports ParaChat already - users looking to use a chat addon we recommend to use ParaChat. I don't believe there are any current plans to develop a new board component style chat room system, though if this changes I'm sure our customers will be notified. :)

Archived