Where is the REAL GDK! Not the IPB 2.x.x GDK....

Guest .Ryan

Are you familiar with the level of quality of the 2.0 GDK? James didn't throw it together--it's quite an inspiring document for Photoshop users.

Yep, too bad he's not interested on IPB anymore so we're on "our own"... still, life goes on and I do think the GDK needs to be updated... it sure is not a top priority but it should be done...

I was waiting for motif-lab; now I'll have to start looking somewhere else... I hope the skin tool on Invisionize gets upgraded quickly to 2.2.x... :shifty:

If you really need a GDK oh so bad then make one. It wouldn't take that long at all.

It would take long.

The 2.1 one I made for them took me about two weeks of a few hours a day. ;)

It's not as easy as you think to reverse engineer images into layered documents. :P

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...m&album=500

I'm not entirely sure why any of you think that a gdk is a necessity, and IPS should give one to you. Sure it's a nice thing to have, but you're only buying their software, not rights to use every damn file they own. :P

If you really need one, make one. :)

It would take long.

The 2.1 one I made for them took me about two weeks of a few hours a day. ;)

It's not as easy as you think to reverse engineer images into layered documents. :P

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...m&album=500

I'm not entirely sure why any of you think that a gdk is a necessity, and IPS should give one to you. Sure it's a nice thing to have, but you're only buying their software, not rights to use every damn file they own. :P

If you really need one, make one. :)

Very true, I cannot fault them for not including it, though it would be nice (as you said) if they did. appl3qh.gif

Are you familiar with the level of quality of the 2.0 GDK? James didn't throw it together--it's quite an inspiring document for Photoshop users.

Yeah its good quality and helps, we don't need every file, just the topic icons and stuff logos the stuff you would edit into a existing skin.

Yeah its good quality and helps, we don't need every file, just the topic icons and stuff logos the stuff you would edit into a existing skin.

How much you need depends on a lot of variables. Having the original rating_0 - rating_5 icons would allow you to save with a dark matte for use with dark skins, for example. I have edited all images for the board, blog, gallery, and download manager. It's a huge job that would be much easier with an original PSD file covering the entire range of icons. OTOH, I agree that IPS should not feel compelled to provide any more than the flattened image files.

Archived