installer crashes near end

Guest Canadian Hotdogman

and i got this:

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_conf_settings_titles SET conf_title_title='Board Guidelines',conf_title_desc='This section allows you to maintain your board guidelines. If enabled, a link will be added to the board header linking to the board guidelines.',conf_title_keyword='boardguidelines',conf_title_noshow=0,conf_title_module='' WHERE conf_title_id=1

SQL error: Unknown column 'conf_title_module' in 'field list'
SQL error code: 1054
Date: Thursday 19th of October 2006 12:08:09 AM

What do I do? I can't access my board index or acmin cp really...

I have got the same error doing an upgrade from IPB 2.1.7 using the lastest patch. The last thing is said, if I remember correctly was "You are now running IPB 2.2". It then went onto the next part and the same SQL error appeared.

Now, I can not log into my forum however I can still log into the Upgrade script. My SQL error was

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_conf_settings_titles SET conf_title_title='Board Guidelines',conf_title_desc='This section allows you to maintain your board guidelines. If enabled, a link will be added to the board header linking to the board guidelines.',conf_title_keyword='boardguidelines',conf_title_noshow=0,conf_title_module='' WHERE conf_title_id=1

SQL error: Unknown column 'conf_title_module' in 'field list'

SQL error code: 1054

Date: Thursday 19th of October 2006 2:01:05 PM

Incase, you need some details about the PHP version and stuff, here is a link to the phpinfo() on the server I upgraded it on. Sorry for the phpinfo displaying random colours, I was just messing around see how I could display the page ^_^

That means the installer got past the point it tells IPB that the upgrade was installed (afterwards, it would reinsert settings, ACP restrictions, rebuild caches, and update the skin). At this point you can "fix" everything from the ACP.

So, you did have the settings_partial.xml file there then correct? In the base package, I've removed them.

Archived