further updates

Guest krang

I just want to ask how complicated it could be, to update to further versions like a RC 2 oder the final version from the RC 1? If there aren't any roblems espected and it stays just as easy as it ever was, I want to install RC 1 on my board and test it on my own. I think to risk of data loss is very small, because the server where the forum is running on is doing backups every hour of almost everything (like ysql database and files). Normally it is no problem to change back to the last backup.

Thank you for your almost helping post.

Well, then... I will go further and say mine upgraded fine. From 2.1.7 to RC1. I am just not sure how exactly the skin difference tool now works, where I can get my other skin 2.2 compatible. What's weird is it has the new profile look, but yet that portal is not present in it. So i don't know what that means... Maybe that some templates were not even added. But if that is the case.... then I don't know what would need to be added.

Keep in mind I have not advertised it to anyone and I have not even finalized how I want the user groups set up and some other such decisions. So it's not like I went to find people and nobody would join. Although my main site is indeed dead also basically. :(

I repeat:

" :o "

Ah, thank you. Now, it is really helpfull. I didn't ever used any skins. So I think I just have to overwrite almost all files. Should be in the documentation like it ever was on other updates... ;) What do you mean by "portal not present" ? For your skin or in general? :blink:

Archived