Why you don't insert the YouTube(Google)Video and FLASH?

Guest WoLeRiNe`

It's my understanding that that was what the author of this thread was asking for, that the BB Code was included, and a button added to the editors.

<_<

Uh, no, Brandon's saying that this can already be accomplished with custom BBCodes, as can a whole host of other things which might put your site in danger of being exploited :rolleyes:

Here is a quick Custom BBCode for YouTube.

Now I am sure there is an easier way, but oh well.

Custom example: _isVdeRwnus

Custom tag:

Option? No

Custom BBCode Replacement:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

------------

Here is a YouTube video link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_isVdeRwnus

You would just have to have them put in whatever was after:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=

Which in this case is:
_isVdeRwnus

Uh, no, Brandon's saying that this can already be accomplished with custom BBCodes,

as can a whole host of other things which might put your site in danger of being exploited

:rolleyes:

Brandon mentioned nothing about "a whole host of other things which might put your site in danger of being exploited"

He said .. "I would say this is easily left to bbcodes - even custom bbcodes can accomplish this."

It was this remark I answered, referring to TurXaliM's original post.

:cool:

I really wish I had a big fluffy bat that I could smack people with, having video attachtments on a page, is something I hate and think its really good staff agree that this sort of requested feature is a huge security risk.

Till the internet is not a hostile place, I see no need for this feature, at least not till a more secure type of linkage at least.

In 5 years, when security is better ( I hope ), then I will support this feature in products like IPB

I really wish I had a big fluffy bat that I could smack people with, having video attachtments on a page, is something I hate and think its really good staff agree that this sort of requested feature is a huge security risk.

Till the internet is not a hostile place, I see no need for this feature, at least not till a more secure type of linkage at least.

In 5 years, when security is better ( I hope ), then I will support this feature in products like IPB

With the big fluffy bat it seems you're contributing to the "hostility" of the internet :D

I think the issue is that with a regular WMP one you can direct it to ANY media, including dangerous ones.

Mmmhmm, biggest problem is the flawed implementation of WMDRM License Acquisition. In fact, a while ago the recording industry came under fire for placing spyware in the license acquisition process for media files on the P2P networks. Frighteningly enough, Windows Media Player's license acquisition process runs at an even higher level than most IE windows and leaves all sorts of gates wide open for virii and spyware.

If you do this, be sure you know what you're getting yourself and your viewers into.

This thread just goes to show how many

op kiddies

there are still around. Hopefully though their boards will die an agonising death through lack of activity and the internet will once again be ruled by those of us who know what we're doing and/or have at least half a brain cell to play with.

I'm confused as to who you're attacking here... those willing to install security risks on their forum just for the sake of having mods (which don't represent all mod users, some are very careful which mods they install)? Or those who wont install a modification because they're pretty sure it poses a risk?

Archived